jt-6 replacements ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jt-6 replacements ?

wondering if anyone has replaced a JT-6 trem with anything other than a floyd that required no modification or refin.?
    I have a rather rare/cool jackson I recently picked up but hate the JT-6 trems locknut, so I would like to do away with the entire assembly and replace it with some kind of vintage type trem so its a functional guitar.
    any ideas ?
    I have actually toyed with making a thick brass flatmount bridge plate that utilizes the original stud holes as a 2 point anchor to mount the bridge flush to the top of the body, use v=trem saddles and trem block.
    then crank the springs tight so theres no tail movement.
    it would look along the lines of a high mass brass trem only it wouldnt function as a trem. it would be a hardtail thats mounted like a trem. almost like a hamer sustain block in appearance.

of course if anyone has a better idea so I dont have to mess around, I am open to ideas. any replacement trems out there that have the same stud spacing ? then I could simply block the trem.
    thanks, john

Re: jt-6 replacements ?

Schaller and IIRC ABM/Müller already make that type bridge, they´re just hard as hell to find. Uses Floyd posts and arm, but is a vintage trem in all other aspects.

http://www.schaller-guitarparts.de/0225.htm [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I believe that will work as far as the stud spacing goes...
      cool , I appreciate the tip.!.
      john

Comment

Here's a vintage style trem that's supposed to be a direct replacement for floyd spaced trems. Not sure of the make, but it might be what your looking for.

Good luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...80476&rd=1

Chris
        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I think allparts has that in stock......

www.allparts.com ***search schaller - 5th one down***

Comment

send it to me bro if you replaced it
            i need some spare parts
            andy

Comment

Working...
            X