floyd saddles interchangeable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd saddles interchangeable?

I have a fusion special which has the infamous "single locking" floyd on it, and I hate it. However, the only difference between it and a double locking one is the saddles. I just ordered an "el cheapo" licensed floyd off the bay, which is one of the Schaller type witht he thick baseplate and knife edge inserts. I figured I could take the saddles off of it and put them on the real schaller baseplate. DO you think it will work? A full set of real floyd saddles will run me about a hundred bucks, but i can't justify that kind of cheddar on a guitar I only paid 175 for. If it doesn't work, I'll just use the whole cheap floyd.

Re: floyd saddles interchangeable?

I know the saddles from a licensed schaller type bridge work perfectly fine with an OFR ..... worst thing, you'd just have to buy some matching string-block screws.
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Re: floyd saddles interchangeable?

actually, the holes in the back of the baseplate-where the locking screws go through-are quite wide because they actually have a hollow square tube running through (that the string goes through). SO I don't think it will be a problem there. Anyone else have any experience here?

Comment

Working...
      X