Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have a concert bass? and how much is it worth

Hello guys
    I just got a pearl white, what appears to be a concert bass, jusging by the pics in the gallery, I couldn't find any like this though.

it's a made in the USA bass with a humbucker in the bridge that looks like an EMG 81, p bass pickup in the neck, An active circuit, rosewood fretboard and other than that
    just looks like a regular concert bass.

this is the serial number J1186

can anyone tell me what it might be? because I don't need it and was looking to see what it would be worth

thanks guys.

Chris

RIP Brother Dime!!!

Re: Do I have a concert bass? and how much is it worth

Sounds like a CB. Pics would help.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Neckthrough with dot inlays on rosewood?
      3-way Gibson-style toggle to select the pickups?
      I had a blue one with the same pickup arrangement - it was a Student model (rosewood + dots and no binding were early "production" models, though you could get Custom options like graphics).

I paid $305 shipped for mine, but then, Ebay being Ebay....

I think I sold it for $400-$450 [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      It was J1419.

Post some pics - I may be interested. I wanna try some experiments [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Interest here also.
        "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

I'll try to get some pics, it has 1 vol 1 tone and a preamp blend
          the 3 way switch is a small mini toggle switch, it has a rosewood board and dont inlays as you guys said,and yes it's a neck through. it is a player though, so good for experimenting on, but this is not a for sale ad, and I'm a junior member, so I'm nto saying anything here. 8)

anyhow, PM me if you ahev any mroe info, judging by the serial number, J1186 is it an 86? or is it a 91?
          I don't know anything about jackson serial number conventions to date it.

thanks guys

Chris

Comment

It's an '85 - numbers J0407-J1539 were made in 1985.

See the serial number chart here:
            http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/serials.htm

Scroll down to the Neckthrough listing.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

SOUNDS NICE! i got j0135 from charvel750 and mine has the same pups but no three way switch it's an 84 student and i paid more than newc did for his! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] see the usa jackson thread in the bass section
              The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Re: Do I have a concert bass? and how much is it w

I know I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'm pretty sure this is one I used to own--it's a nice one. I bought it used for about $400 and sold it for about $500.

I can't recall the exactly S/N on mine, but Spiral, if you check the electronics cavity and see two batteries installed, then it's definitely mine.

I wish I had the extra $$$ to buy it from you, but I've got a five-string bass now, and I can't really justify having two basses--I have a hard enough time playing competently on one! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X