Tremsetter review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremsetter review

I just installed a Hipshot Tremsetter in my Charvel 275dlx.
    It has a (recessed non-full floating) Licensed Floyd that I ripped out of an ESP M-201. I use 9-46 strings and I run 3 springs.
    I removed the center spring and installed the tremsetter in its place. I followed the detailed instructions privided with the tremsetter and it took around 30 minutes total to completely install and set up.
    Here is my review:
    Pitch stability has increased greatly when doing double stop bends, heavy bends.
    Return to pitch after heavy whammy use has also increased. It stays in tune as good as my high end Ibanez guitars now.
    It is stiffer than before and if you didn't look down you would swear you were playing a hardtail.
    No more warbles or fluttering (which could be a bad thing I guess).
    If you break a string the guitar still stays in tune.
    Individual string changes are much quicker to get in tune.
    The overall feel is more precise. To me it feels very close now to an original top mounted OFR.
    Definately worth the money. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Tremsetter review

i dont know if it's worth it to install one with an ofr.....
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I put one on the KV2 that I sold to crusher and it made all the difference in the world. I'd put one on any guitar with an OFR or floyd type trem, but then again, I don't use the bar as much as others do.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

It's like having the best of both worlds. I've got one in my 650XL and one in my 475DLX

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The nice thing about installing a tremsetter on a top mounted OFR is that you get the benefits of both a double locking trem and a hardtail. Install a drop d-tuna on it too and you will really have a versatile bridge.

Comment

i may be missing the point, but to me a tremsetter seems pretty useless on a non-floating bridge.....
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Does GC or any other music stores usually carry these? I'm thinking about trying one out.

Comment

Check out Stewmac. www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolo_parts/Hipshot_Trem-Setter_Tremolo_Stabilizer.html
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Whoops, that link did not work entirely. It's under "Electric Guitar tremolo parts". Or just type in Tremsetter in the search block. They are $37.15. They work great. I have them on several guitars.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Update.. I have really been thrashing my 275DLX for the last several days with the Tremsetter installed in it. I haven't even had to fine tune it for the last week or so. It absolutely refuses to go out of tune. I also can back off the low E fine tuner to drop D tuning and the remaining strings still stay in perfect tune.

Comment

Yeah, it's a killer mod allright.
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Sweet. I can't wait to get mine and install it.

Comment

Working...
                        X