uneven floyd height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uneven floyd height

I udjusted my Jackson DK2 so that the string height was higher on the low E side, than on the high e, it's pretty minimal, but I was wondering if i'm gunna screw the knifes up? I like the way it plays.....lol [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Re: uneven floyd height

You'll be fine. A lot of people keep the bass side lower than the treble side.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I keep the low E higher as well. That's the point of tailoring your string height needs. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        You'll be fine. A lot of people keep the bass side lower than the treble side.

[/ QUOTE ]D'OH! I mean bass side higher than the treble side! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was wondering about that.....lol

Comment

the only thing is that if you want to raise just one string, you have to put a shim under that string's saddle. and if you want to lower a string, then you have to either get a lower saddle, or lower the whole bridge and shim the other saddles.

(which i've never had to do, so this is entirely theoretical)

"udjusted" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
            X