Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this electronic diagram make sense to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this electronic diagram make sense to you?

Ok, h/s/h layout, two Kent Armstrong ultra-distortion's with (for now) a cheapo piece of junk single-coil. 2 volumes (1 for each humbucker) 1 tone, all push-pull pots, and an EMG gain-booster at the output. Both volumes split the humbuckers so that the OUTER coils are active, so i get the hum-canceling effect when using both. The tone push-pull activates the middle single-coil. Basically a normal 2-hum Rhoads wiring with some added versatility, without (much) cluttering the controls.

Notice the reversed hot/output wires on the volume pots so i can "blend" signal from both humbuckers when the toggle switch is in middle position.

makes sense?
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Re: Does this electronic diagram make sense to you?

Looks fine to me. Wire it up

Comment

Hey dude, the tone knob isnt wired to anything.

Comment

The tone is wired to the output after the toggle and before the PA-2, it should work fine. Unless I'm retarded and/or ignorant of something, which is entirely possible.

Comment

Re: Does this electronic diagram make sense to you

oops, corrected it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] sorry!
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            The tone is wired to the output after the toggle and before the PA-2, it should work fine. Unless I'm retarded and/or ignorant of something, which is entirely possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasnt a few minutes ago, he's fixed it now.

Comment

Sweet diagram! Did you make it? It would be nice to have a
              program like this handy.

Comment

Yeah, ditto. It would be cool to document any new wacked out wiring like that instead of my scribble and scratch sketches which I can never find when I need them.

Comment

hehehe yeah i made it with Gimp (pretty much the unix equivalent of photoshop) ...... it's not really meant for that kind of job, but it works fine (: (: generally i suck at graphics design anyway....

Comment

Ahh... It's ment for whatever you want to use it for! It seems to work great for guitar wiring diagrams. Maybe you can be the "official" guitar wiring diagram maker guy eh! Looks better than my crayon drawings! (pretend there's a "crying" graemlin here) There needs to be by the way.

Comment

MS Visio will work awesome to do wiring schematics as well.
                      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

yeah but is there a linux version -or- does it work well in wine and/or vmware?

probably no, yes, yes, respectively.......

Comment

No Linux Version...it's MS afterall [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I started to make a bunch of clipart-type stuff you could just paste into a page and make such diagrams, but got distracted from it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I looked at some of the wiring software and it's frankly TOO powerful to do something this simple in a manner that will not look like rocket science.

What we need is a simple "Geetar Wiring" app.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

m$ bought out visio? damn, it used to be the same company that made wordperfect if i recall.. or was it foxpro.... i know foxpro was also bought out by micro$h~1 several years ago.

as for guitar wiring clipart, you need what.... a pot, a toggle switch, pickups, an output jack, maybe a battery, ..... and that,s about it, unless you're going to include every single guitar gadget ever designed [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X