Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out my bindings!

I think the pictures says it all.

The above was a preliminary completion. I took this off and made put it back with less of the stripe on the front side of the headstock.

This was tedious work! I used several different knives to cut out the pinstripe section that covered the frets.
    The whole thing took almost 5 hours.

Man am I glad that I didn't go with the chrome pinstripes... Those would have been a pain in the ass to cut.

Thank to NOTP for giving me this idea here:
    http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...rev=#Post99127

Re: check out my bindings!

The Next day.....

Some of these pictures, namely the "prelim" ones, are ones where I have not taken care of the edges yet, so you see it sticking out. I later had to cut them for it to fit, so the edges are a bit sketchy... Though you can't tell at all from just an arm's length away.

The result is just stunning... I feel a bit guilty about this, but now I treat the guitar with much more care heh.

Comment

I think that looks brilliant, well done! I'm very impressed!

Comment

that looks fk'n fantastic! Nice job!
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Holy crap!!! Yours turned out a lot nicer than mine did, and you actually went onto the fretboard itself!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] And front/back body binding too, friggin' sweet!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

What an honor!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice!! I think that microwave would look shweeeet with black binding. I cant wait to see the next series of pics! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

sorry guys
              but i think
              this is ugly as hell
              as it´s just too much
              NOTPs look much nicer
              and this is a beveled kelly, bodybinding you can only do on flattops
              (unless you do complete white bevels on that kelly, but that´s not binding)
              no offence meant

Comment

Very nice job but it ain't my cup of tea. That is too much binding for me.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guy!
                  NOTP the honour's mine man! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  except Model1: [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

haha jk. I expected that some people will like it and some won't.
                  I was taking a bit of a chance when I suddenly decided to do the body. And yea, it isn't really binding,
                  it's just tape man, can't deny that.

While I was doing it I decided to exaggerate the effect by
                  taping more onto the fretboard, which would also allow the
                  tape a better grip onto the fretboard. Then Afterwards I didn't think it looked very good cuz the neck was standing
                  out too much, so I decided to "bind" the body too.

Personally, I LOVE it. It just looks so much classier,
                  when I look down at it while playing. It's like the feeling
                  I get when I play a nice classy lespaul custom.
                  Watching another person play it is even better.

One of my friends watched me do it. After I was almost done
                  he told me that now he can see why I wanted to do this. He
                  thought it looked damn good, but didn't expect it to.
                  Everyone that saw what I did was impressed.
                  The guitar players asked "Where did you get the binding done??"
                  the Non-guitarplayers asked: " when did you get this new guitar?"
                  hahaha...

Comment

I think it looks pretty good....nice work!!!

Comment

I love it.. now change the hardware too black and it's perfect [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Looks nice (: !! i would have used a more "ivoroid" color for the neck, and made less tape go on the front of the fretboard & headstock. Maybe just 1 or 2 millimeters at most.
                        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Unfortunately I've never seen ivoroid/cream-colored pinstripe tape. Can you imagine car enthusiasts wanting to slap on cream pinstripe tape to their metallic-painted cars? It'd look ridiculous! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, it's unfortunate for us guitarists who like the classic pale look of cream to have to suffer with the hot/bold motorsports colors of black, white, blue, red, silver, yellow, and such.

Question... don't the current import Jacksons come with pure white binding? I've never owned an import with binding, so I don't know... I only know my USA Shannon has cream binding.

Comment

i just said :
                            on a standard(beveled, non flattop) kelly you should just do white bevels if you wanbt to put a "frame" on the body
                            and that white bevels are not binding
                            if you had done white bevels i maybe would´ve said "nice job"
                            but if you like it as it is, fine
                            it´s your guitar [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            andy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Question... don't the current import Jacksons come with pure white binding? I've never owned an import with binding, so I don't know... I only know my USA Shannon has cream binding

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X