new Gibson Dirty Fingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Gibson Dirty Fingers

Hey guys what do you think about those new Dirty Fingers pickups? http://www.gibsonstrings.com/pickups/dirtyfingers.shtml
    Are they good as the old ones (what John Sykes used)?
    Tom Delonge sig. Gibon has those, but Blink 182 isn't a good example of good tone [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: new Gibson Dirty Fingers

If I'm not mistaken, the Duncan Invader was designed to be a bit of a match for the Dirty Fingers. Personally, though I've not tried a Dirty Fingers.

Comment

I'd be suprised if the new one was the same as the original Dirty Fingers hum. Maybe it is, but knowing Gibson, I doubt it.

Comment

well, they were putting them in the 99 dollar epi's for a while, so if you figure that gibson usually charges around that price for a pup, it means the rest of the guitar was made for free...

Comment

Haha! No, actually a non-hand wound PUP costs like 10 bucks. They just sell them at ridiculous prices.

Comment

I realize that....It just seems odd that gibson would charge so much for a pup, but then put it in a 99 dollar guitar? Plus, are they made overseas? Or do they actaully ship gibson pups to the orient to be installed in guitars?

Comment

ive got a 79 the paul with those in there but they are about dead and i cant decide to go for a rewire or a new dirty fingers because i havent hard a comparison of a nice old one and a new one.

Comment

You have a The Les Paul? Pics? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

my friend had a old dirty fingers. he liked the pickup. he sold it later on. then he bought a new dirtyfingers and it he said he sounded awful compared to the old ones

Comment

The old ones were supposed to be copies of a DiMarzio Super Distortion, from what I've heard...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      You have a The Les Paul? Pics? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

its a "the paul" 7 piece walnut with very light clear over it, but not on the neck because it was my first and most played guitar up until recently. the nect feels unreal after probably 30 years of straight playing (was my dads) but there is some major groovage in the frets.

Comment

So, what is the old Dirty Fingers similar to? An Invader or a Super Distortion? I actually love the tone that John Sykes gets in Whitesnake's 1987

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I actually love the tone that John Sykes gets in Whitesnake's 1987

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Actually a lot of people loves his tone [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The guy is really underrated. It was really bad of Steve Wank to have took over all soloing when he was in. Listen: talk to some custom pickup manufacturer and get a better copy of Dirty Fingers.

Comment

You can't go wrong with the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop. Talk to Mariciela Juarez, she'll hook you up.

Comment

Working...
                              X