Pickup not working? (wiring issue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup not working? (wiring issue)

So I just tried to wire up my RR24 with an EMG-89 and the PA-2 preamp. I wired everything correctly (or so I thought...) and plugged it in. No sound at all with PA-2 off, and just a little bit of static with the PA-2 on. I thought OK I'll simplify it a bit and removed the PA-2 so it's just the 89. Rewired everything and plugged the guitar back in and....

No sound EXCEPT there's a clicking sound when I switch the push-pull pot. Here's my only possible explanation: The Quick-connect cable that goes to the pickup looks like it can go on 2 ways, which way is it supposed to go? I figured I have a 50-50 shot so I just put it on there... Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Pickup not working? (wiring issue)

You might have done the quick connect upsidedown. Based on my EMG-HZ, I think the correct way is to place the connector so the side that has the holes in it so you can see the brass connectors is the side that faces you when you clip it on.
    The side you see in this pic is the side I'm talking about.

Comment

Re: Pickup not working? (wiring issue)

It turned out that was exactly what I did wrong, I rewired everything and turned the connector over now it screams! The RR24 prototype is pretty much complete. Now I just need to get some pictures and see if my photobucket account is still active. The guitar cosmetically looks like the worst POS ever, but it plays and sounds awesome! I think it will become my ultimate metal guitar to bring on stage if/when I get a band together.

Comment

Working...
      X