Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ever happened to that Floyd Rose Speedloader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happened to that Floyd Rose Speedloader?

Does anyone know what ever became of that Floyd Speedloader? I havent heard or seen anything more about them for a long time.....are the gonna build them? or did they "die on the vine"? Just curious..... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Re: What ever happened to that Floyd Rose Speedloader?

they are available as a standard on some BC rich guitars the last time I checked. I think its a cool thing but wouldn't want to only have one string mfg to choose from.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

The Speedloader bridge is also available on guitars that Floyd Rose is selling under his own name. You can read about his US (Redmond Series) models HERE. And you can buy his import (Discovery Series) models HERE (and probably at lots of other dealers).

Comment

They've been in production for a while. I have a 2003 BC Rich NJ ASM that has it (I bought on closeout for $325 to just try out the Speedloader), and the 2004 BC Rich NJs come with them:
        BC Rich web page

Also, Floyd Rose just came out with affordable import guitars with the speedloader (there was a recent thread about this on JCF):
        Musicians Friend web page

Some people don't like them. I think the theory and everything works great. You have to download the instructions from the Floyd Rose website or its going to be a pain to understand and get the first adjustment done (Note there are 5 links to different set up things on this 1st page):
        Speedloader instructions page

FYI, my guitar didn't come with the instructions, so I was lucky to find them on the web. Once I had it all dialed in, it worked perfect. When I took it to a gig, I showed the others in the band the trem, and I released one of the strings about 5 times to show them how it works. That string was in perfect tune after doing that 5 times. If you look at the instructions, you'll see a stop in the spring cavity that helps you do the initial set-ups, plus the intonation adjustment is a little different. It (like Kahler Cam trems) takes some learning to set up, and some people just don't care for that.

I think also the issue is the guitar its put on. My NJ ASM is OK, but a Model Series Charvel for instance is a much better playing/sounding guitar.

Also, there aren't that many string choices or special gauge combinations out there, and that has stopped some people from trying these.

Comment

Re: What ever happened to that Floyd Rose Speedloa

the thing i would worry about is if they dont sell enough of them then they will quit making the strings and then you are screwed thats why i never bought a stienberger the design was great but if you cant get strings then you are hosed.

Comment

Re: What ever happened to that Floyd Rose Speedloa

Actually, Steinberger sells a little adapter that lets you use regular, single-ball-end strings.

Comment

Working...
            X