Non - J/C bass + amp Qs......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non - J/C bass + amp Qs......

Alright guys, Ive been offered this bass amp in a bit of a deal with a bass I want cos the guy in the shop wants one of my Jacksons, and is going to buy it off me. (The bass is a Yamaha RBX 4 string (374 I think). I cant decide if I like it, havnt played it, Im a bass virgin (birgin? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and didnt want to make a fool of myself. It was sh*tty sparkly silver and I didnt lke it. Not a fan of homo coloured guitars.
    Anyway, what do you guys think? I was looking at those Chinese Spectors but apparently they're junk, and you there was a visible difference between those and the Czech ones, even in the actual body shape...
    Anyhow, help!
    The prices are right, its just is it decent gear...

James

Re: Non - J/C bass + amp Qs......

Well, I have no experience with that particular model, but my suggestion is to look at several basses in that price range to get an idea of what is out there. You play guitar, so you probably have a general idea of what a well made guitar looks like. If you pick up a guitar and it looks and feels like a piece of crap, it probably is. If it feels nice and appears to be well made, it probably is.

On the entry level-scale, I a fond of the Schecter Stiletto Elite 4 strings. I had one and it was a great value.

How much are you looking at spending?

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Looking at no more than £500 ($900)for bass and amp. Im looking at the Crate BT100 which is about £279. And thats if I get about £300 for my guitar if the guy wants to buy it. The guitar has, how should I put it, funky intonation, which is fixable, I just dont feel like it. And the wiring could be better, but f*ck, he works in a guitar shop for christs sake! If anyone can fix it, he can [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That Shecter seems nice, but Id like inlays, not just one at the 12th fret. The guitar in the shop recommended Shecter to me as well, and said, as good as the Jackson guitars were, their basses were nothing special, and Id be best puttin my money into another bass at the same price, where Id get more features and a generally better instrument. I cant get what he means though. They werent cheap either.
      Anyone any clues about the Crate BT100?

James

Comment

I think what he means is that you are better off buying a £300.00 bass from a company like Schecter than a £300.00 bass from a company like Jackson.

As for me, the less inlays the better. I prefer a naked fretboard whenever possible. I personally never found the difficult to get used to.

Good luck.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Yeah I figured that. For some reason I wrote "cant get what he means" instead of 'can' [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Im hopeless
          Id like inlays cos I still use to incredibly beginner-ish technique of looking at the face of the fretboard as I play, not the side. And I can get 'lost' on a naked fretboard.

James

Comment

"The guitar in the shop recommended Shecter to me as well" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Lol bass excites me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I get all loose with my spelling just thinking about it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                The guitar in the shop recommended Shecter to me as well, and said, as good as the Jackson guitars were, their basses were nothing special, and Id be best puttin my money into another bass at the same price, where Id get more features and a generally better instrument. I cant get what he means though. They werent cheap either.

[/ QUOTE ]
                anyone here can tell you i love my jackson/charvel basses. the 86-89 model series 3b is a great value, IMO, they're awesome playing basses and are high quality built basses,as good as my san dimas neck thru [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
                X