3-way toggle switch wiring (Petrucci)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-way toggle switch wiring (Petrucci)

How do you wire up a Gibson-type 3-way toggle switch like John Petrucci has his (inner coils of pups on together in middle position)? I read somewhere that Larry DiMarzio did something with the switch, but is it a special switch or can you do it on any 3-way?
    Right now my Carvin SC90 has one volume, one tone and two coil split mini switches to do this, but I want to get rid of the switches and add another volume and tone pot. I hardly ever use the regular middle position for the two humbuckers on at the same time, so I'd like the two inner coils to be active in the middle position (series, so they're hum-cancelling). And I really don't want to add push/pull pots to do this either. Anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: 3-way toggle switch wiring (Petrucci)

No, a normal 3-way won't work, you need one with lots more 'pole's or whatever they call them. You should be able to find this multiple pole 3-way switch at an electronics house, or you might be able to buy from Ibanez as my recent SZ520QM has this switch in it. Here's the Ibanez website wiring diagram for the Petrucci model:
    JPM100 wiring diagram

Comment

Re: 3-way toggle switch wiring (Petrucci)

Cool. Thanks, man! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
      X