Floyd Rose Pro string spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Pro string spacing

Does anyone here know the string spacing (E to E) of a Floyd Rose Pro? I believe it is narrower than the others...

Also, the differences between pro and Original.
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Re: Floyd Rose Pro string spacing

Interesting question, my first guess is the Pro would be the same spacing as the Original...so I dug out my ESP M1 Tiger Custom with Original Floyd and my Kramer ProAxe with the Pro...and you are correct!

Outside E string to outside E string = 2.056" on Pro, 2.129" on Orginal
    Outside of E saddle block to E saddle block = 2.443" on Pro, 2.518" on Original
    The stud spacing is identical and the width of the main plate is identical.

In looking at the two, you can see the Pro saddles are thinner and have rounded edges.

[image][/image]
    [image][/image]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Also, the differences between pro and Original.

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides the spacing, other differences include the baseplate having a graduated increase in height going from the outer to the inner saddles, so all the saddles themselves are the same height and are thus interchangeable with one another (unlike the OFR).

The fine tuners are further under the whole assembly, and are pointed at an angle away from the saddles, which I like cos they are less likely to be accidently bumped.

And saddles themselves are quite different from an OFR to be compatible with the fine tuning system. Pro saddles have an L-shaped rod protuding from beneath the saddle that comes in contact with the fine tuning screw. Because of the saddles, a deeper routing is required compared to an OFR. For example, a Pro would not retrofit into a current USA Jackson's OFR without the route being significantly deeper. Even if the trem were non-recessed in terms of position, a route of some kind would still be needed to accomodate the Pro's saddles.

I like the first 2 features of the Pro, but could do without the deep route needed since I prefer non-receesed trems. I've got a Pro on one guitar that's recessed and never had a problem with it.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I agree, the 1st 2 features are great but the extra routing is a shame.

What I need is a Floyd Rose Original with gibson spacing 2 1/8 e to e
        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

On a related note, What is the difference between a FR II and an original floyd? I have one on my Sambora strat.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            On a related note, What is the difference between a FR II and an original floyd? I have one on my Sambora strat.

[/ QUOTE ]
            I believe the FRII is a little bit smaller in design and is basically a Schaller.
            The first version of the FRII in the '80s was actually single-locking where you slide the ball end of the strings in without having to cut them off. I've still got one of those laying around from my old Kramer! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X