EMG's H4's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG's H4's?

I can get a real good deal on a set of these($50)
    are they any good?
    i am speaking of the H4's that have the ceramic magnets not the H4A alnico ones?
    i read this from the EMG site.

EMG-H4

The H4 is the equivalent of EMG's 81 Active Pickup without the "Active". It uses two bar-loaded coils for that "Balls to the Walls" tone. The EMG-H4 pickup has become the bridge pickup of choice for the ESP Guitar Company. All HZ Pickups have EMG's exclusive 5-wire quik-connect output allowing any number of wiring combinations, and are fully shielded for a minimum of noise. String grounding is recommended to further decrease noise.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Re: EMG\'s H4\'s?

they seem to be one of the "love 'em or hate 'em" type of things. I would say if you can get the set for 50 bucks, go for it. If you don't like them you can easily resell them for at least that much. I believe if you buy them new, they run in the 70-80 dollar range.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      they seem to be one of the "love 'em or hate 'em" type of things. I would say if you can get the set for 50 bucks, go for it. If you don't like them you can easily resell them for at least that much. I believe if you buy them new, they run in the 70-80 dollar range.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah your right, it seems from the descipt i would like em though?
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Well, I can tell you they sound tinny in my ESP's but I swapped the bridge Hum out and put it in one of my DK2's and it sounds great in there. I also have them in my DKMG and they sound good in there as well. But for $50..Go for it!

Comment

It is a love/hate thing, but I actually like the HZs over the actives lately (and since they are 4 wire type, you can do a coil tap thing to get a single coil sound as I prefer for the neck location). $50 a set is good. The best I've seen on ebay is this set for $60:
          Ebay H4

Comment

Working...
          X