air brush & compressor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air brush & compressor ?

OK ive got a cheap badger air brush wanted to start trying some stuff. what is a good compressor & what else do i need to know. anything i should look for or avoid? ide like to get a good enough compressor that i can use a spray gun in the future to paint guitars. lets see if i can put 5 years of art school to good use.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: air brush & compressor ?

I just bought a Sears 1.5HP 1 Gal. compressor for air brushing and painting guitars. The price is normally $99, but with the year end sale it was $69. (killer deal) It comes with all the air fittings, hose, blow gun, sports equip. inflator, gauges and even teflon tape for the fittings. It has two gauges, one for tank pressure, the other a pressure regulator. You will only need to purchase an air filter/moisture seperator and install it in-line. I bought this to replace my "Monster" compressor that I use for painting, now dedicated to bead blasting. This compressor has enough CFM to run a standard sized paint gun. This compressor is way less expensive than the air brush specialty houses sell. This will get the job done. I have the compressor in a climate controlled environment as to eliminate water pickup in the tank. This was the problem with my larger compressor in the garage. The Sears compressor is portable and has a carrying handle for ease of use. It weighs in at 35 lbs.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

cool the air filter / moisture seperator i can buy that there as well? & the pressure regulator is included?
      thanks

Comment

I definately recommend the moisture seperater and I believe they sell one.

Comment

Yes, you can buy the moisture seperator and additional fittings that you will need to put the filter in-line right there at Sears. The pressure regulator output fitting comes off the side for attaching the hose. You put the seperator there, then attach the hose to the output of the seperator. The other end of the coiled hose has a quick disconnect fitting on the hose. You put the matching coupling on you air brush or paint spray gun. With the quick disconnect on the hose you can connect different guns, brushes, blow gun or tire, sporting equipment, etc, using the different attachments.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

When I took my airbrush class in college back around 1990 or so Iwata airbrushes were really good. Don't know much about compressors though.

Comment

Working...
            X