Adding a locking nut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a locking nut?

So lets say I have a Jackson neck, set for a V trem, with the regular black nut. If I wanted to add a locking nut, how much of a hastle would it be for a skilled luthier?

Is it worth the effort? Or would I be better off just finding a neck with a locking nut?

Re: Adding a locking nut?

You could always add it Kahler-style right behind the regular nut. I've had a couple like that and they work reasonably well.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Kahler style would be easier. I don't know what it would cost for a luthier to do it, but I know that a good one can. I could if I had the right tools here, which I don't. I can find out if you want.

Comment

or you could use locking tuners.
        what are the specs ive got a jackson neck with an OFR nut on it i maybe willing to trade.

Comment

Locking tuners wouldn't work as well. A locking nut takes out the friction of the nut that can lead to slight differences in string tension that make you go out of tune.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            or you could use locking tuners.
            what are the specs ive got a jackson neck with an OFR nut on it i maybe willing to trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been looking for a USA Jackson neck for a while, and found some over a KE's. I may pick one of those up if possible.

Comment

Working...
            X