anyone help! dimarzio's X2N?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone help! dimarzio's X2N?

According to the dimarzio site this pup is said to be real brewtal they describe it as a "take NO prisoners pup" which i want [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    but how is the TONE of it? is it buzzy chainsaw like or just plain freaking BALLSY and BALANCED with a good powerful tone?
    I was considering 81's but this one looks like it may be even more aggressive?
    i use a triple xxx and play a jackson SL-2h [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Re: anyone help! dimarzio\'s X2N?

they sound great to me. full balanced tone nice harmonics, the super distortion is also a killer pickup. also check out duncan invader, distortion or BL 500L & XLs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      they sound great to me. full balanced tone nice harmonics, the super distortion is also a killer pickup. also check out duncan invader, distortion or BL 500L & XLs.

[/ QUOTE ]
      I have tried the invader,DD and super distortion and i am looking for a bit more clarity,crunch,balls than they offer [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I need ULTIMATE clarity and tightness?
      I play technical speed metal that requires PURE articulation
      like this clip,
      http://www.daturamusic.co.uk/Storms.mp3
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

The X2N has a little more treble, but it's still a pretty well-balanced pup. I used one for many years in my old plywood Kramer and it sounded great. I put it into my Charvel Model 5A (poplar), sounded a little too bright. Then it went into a Warrior MG which I believe was alder, and it sounded great again, well balanced. I had two Duncan Invaders in my old Kelly, but they're the tonal opposite of the X2N and have loads of bass and low mids. The Super Distortion is also a favorite pickup of mine, but the X2N is what you want for over-the-top gain. I'm also an EMG fan, but the X2N definitely blows it away!!! Also, since it is so high in gain, it does an awesome single coil sound when split. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Also, my favorite neck pup to match up with either a Super D or X2N is a Super 2. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thats some ripping drum programming! Didn't like the lead tone/playing but the rhythm tone was great! How do you play this live?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            The X2N has a little more treble, but it's still a pretty well-balanced pup. I used one for many years in my old plywood Kramer and it sounded great. I put it into my Charvel Model 5A (poplar), sounded a little too bright. Then it went into a Warrior MG which I believe was alder, and it sounded great again, well balanced. I had two Duncan Invaders in my old Kelly, but they're the tonal opposite of the X2N and have loads of bass and low mids. The Super Distortion is also a favorite pickup of mine, but the X2N is what you want for over-the-top gain. I'm also an EMG fan, but the X2N definitely blows it away!!! Also, since it is so high in gain, it does an awesome single coil sound when split. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Also, my favorite neck pup to match up with either a Super D or X2N is a Super 2. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            how about it's TIGTHNESS and clarity?
            will it equal a 81 in clarity and tightness?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Thats some ripping drum programming! Didn't like the lead tone/playing but the rhythm tone was great! How do you play this live?

[/ QUOTE ]
              the clip is by a guy i know but i posted it because it has the tight rhythm tone i want.
              he used a emg 81 in a dime 333 axe and used amplitube modeling software.

Comment

The X2N has been dicussed alot. Everytime it's discussed i don't read a bad comment about them. I have one myself and it really is one of the best pickups you can buy. Makes the guitar cut through the mix alot!
                93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Yes, tightness and clarity are definitely there like the 81. If you want to stay passive, go X2N.
                  If you go active, personally I think the 85 is better in the bridge than the 81, but the 81 is cool, too.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Yes, tightness and clarity are definitely there like the 81. If you want to stay passive, go X2N.
                    If you go active, personally I think the 85 is better in the bridge than the 81, but the 81 is cool, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    cool and thanks for all the help you guys [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                    what i will do is get the X2N first put it in the jackson and give it a real good go.
                    something is tellin me that it will be stayin there after i try it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X