Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 fret strathead neck to fit my guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 fret strathead neck to fit my guitar?

is there a strat head neck anywhere out there that would fit this body? or would a warmoth neck work.
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Re: 24 fret strathead neck to fit my guitar?

Warmoths, as far as I know, are replacement Stratpocket necks. Even if you get a 24-fret Warmoth neck, it's really still just a 21-fret Strat neck with three extra frets on an extra fretboard overhang.

Jackson 24-fret necks pop up on Ebay semi-regularly... they usually come off a Pro Series Dinky like the DK2 and similar guitars. I'd wait for one of those... you'd also get the added bonus of neck/headstock binding if you like that sort of thing, as well as sharkfins. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Even if you get a 24-fret Warmoth neck, it's really still just a 21-fret Strat neck with three extra frets on an extra fretboard overhang.

[/ QUOTE ]
      But their 24-fret replacement Strat necks are also only 24.75" scale.
      Their regular 25.5" scale neck has the longer extension on the fingerboard for the extra frets.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn, I forgot to consider scale lengths... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But hey, the body looks like a Dinky there, so I just assumed 25.5" which is Strat scale... so yeeessss, that's the ticket! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

so all i have to do is find a 25.5 scale length neck, regardless of the number of frets?
          www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Working...
          X