Dimebag Question about tape on pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebag Question about tape on pickups

I've just noticed this, and been wondering what the hell it's for. On Dimes neck pickup, on each side he has black electrical tape.

Anyone else notice this, and know why?

Re: Dimebag Question about tape on pickups

It's because of the abusive dimebombing, he taped the sides of the neck pickup in order to avoid getting the strings trapped in the pickup.

Comment

you'll notice that Steve Vai has his neck pups taped too. Apparantly it is a big problem for whammy abusers.

Comment

It also blocks the pick from getting caught on the upstork.
        www.kiddhavok.com
        www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          you'll notice that Steve Vai has his neck pups taped too. Apparantly it is a big problem for whammy abusers.

[/ QUOTE ]
          yeah but what about paul gilbert? i have a live in frisco MR BIG vid and his ibanes has the neck pup taped but guess what, his guitar has NO TREM [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I do this on my Jackson and I don't use the trem that much. Sometimes it just gets stuck on the pickup bezels.

Comment

Yeah, I've had strings get stuck under the neck pickup before... even when I wasn't using the trem. Now I've switched to EMGs though, no more worries... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
              Steve.

Comment

Working...
              X