Seymour Duncan experts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan experts??

Guys - going through an old box of parts I had, I came across 2 Duncans with the following marks - "BJ" and "JBL" on the small white stickers - no other marks. Can anyone tell me what they might be - just a regular JB?
    Thanks

Re: Seymour Duncan experts??

Well, the JBL is a JB that was wound by someone with an "L" initial. As far as the BJ pickup (the "J" is the initial of the person who wound it), if it's a humbucker it could be a Full Shred if it has 2 rows of black allen head screws or it could be a Seth Lover if it has signatures and serial numbers. If its a Strat pickup, it could be a Hot Rails. If you could provide some more information on the cosmetics of the pickup that would help.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the lack of info in my initial post.
      They are both double black humbuckers...
      I think you may have hit the "BJ" on the head - it may be a full shred, as I THINK it came out of a Nightswan....

Comment

It could also be an Invader if it has the button screws. Sorry, didn't see that one on the chart (both bridge versions by the way).

Comment

It's not an Invader - has smaller pole pieces (and DBL row of allen heads, like a DiMarzio)
          Funny - I was looking for this box of parts - had them packed away when i moved. I have this week off from work, so I am cleaning the basement... found my LSR tuners, a black H/S/S strat pickguard, 3 way switch, football style input jack... So now when I throw a beater together, at least I'll know what the p'ups are!
          Thanks!

Comment

And you'll have some damn fine tuners!

Comment

I'm thinking strat, 22 fret reverse strat-style headstock (maple/maple w/ either NO markers or black dots), H/S pickup layout ....

Comment

hmm, that sounds similar to the one I'll be doing next.

Comment

Working...
                X