Amp help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp help!!!!

If you guys read my other thread , this is in addition to it. I finally traced all the noise to just my amplifier.

After fooling and fooling with it and finally just cranking it up, hear is what is happening.

I still have the hissing noise thta my hush won't stop, the hush has to be turned WAY farther up than normal to even stop the little bit of noise that it does now and my amp is making this weird, slight flanging or phasing sound with no effects on it!

I also just discovered that my friend, dropped it while helping me unload from my last gig!
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Amp help!!!!

Dude, at this point you are better off just taking it to a good amp tech and telling him what happened and what is wrong. Sorry your buddy dropped it. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yea, I was kinda trying to hide that in the back of my mind and not think about it, cause untill I get the chance to take it there, I'm gonna worry myself to death.

Comment

It may be a result of being dropped or the electronics have become magnetized.

Un-plug it and put in a cool area away from all flourescent light fixtures and rest a copper penny on the polarized plug blades.

It could be a bad appliance drawing on the same current line.

Comment

Well the wiring and outlets in this house are very flaky.

Comment

what type of amp are we talking here?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              It may be a result of being dropped or the electronics have become magnetized.

Un-plug it and put in a cool area away from all flourescent light fixtures and rest a copper penny on the polarized plug blades.

It could be a bad appliance drawing on the same current line.

[/ QUOTE ]
              Where the hell are you going to find a copper penny? The Smithsonian? They haven't made pennies from copper since WWII. If you have any knowledge of amps, my advice would be to open it up and look for anything loose or burned out looking. Stomp your foot on the floor next to the amp when it's on and see if it makes a sound. If you don't know anything about amps, my advice would be to NOT open it up, you can kill yourself, even if it's unplugged. Take it to a tech.

Comment

I'll mail him a wheatie penny and a spare 1watt resistor.

Comment

Ive got a couple wheat pennies. There not that uncommon.

Ive also got one of those non copper silver ones from during WWII thats kinda neat.

Comment

a stealie, I had two rolls of those in the till one night when I worked pt in a video store.

Comment

Use a copper wire then. What are pennies made of?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Ive got a couple wheat pennies. There not that uncommon.Ive also got one of those non copper silver ones from during WWII thats kinda neat.

[/ QUOTE ]That's actually made of steel, I think.Edit because I saw Tom already said that!Does it matter if the penny's all copper, as long as it's conductive? Just curious. Also Rick, if you have to take it to a tech, see if your bud will help pay since he dropped it. I'm sure he didn't mean it but he would probaly at leat help out. If you fiddle with it wthout knowledge, like Ace said you could kill yourself, or if not that make things much worse. Find out who Marshall's authorized techs in the area are, unless you know a guy who's very good that you trust locally.Then once it's fixed, sell it and buy a 5150. Your friend can drop that and it probably won't hurt it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Or buy a Legacy, your friend could drop that and do the world a favor!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            Ive got a couple wheat pennies. There not that uncommon.Ive also got one of those non copper silver ones from during WWII thats kinda neat.

[/ QUOTE ]That's actually made of steel, I think.Edit because I saw Tom already said that!Does it matter if the penny's all copper, as long as it's conductive? Just curious. Also Rick, if you have to take it to a tech, see if your bud will help pay since he dropped it. I'm sure he didn't mean it but he would probaly at leat help out. If you fiddle with it wthout knowledge, like Ace said you could kill yourself, or if not that make things much worse. Find out who Marshall's authorized techs in the area are, unless you know a guy who's very good that you trust locally.Then once it's fixed, sell it and buy a 5150. Your friend can drop that and it probably won't hurt it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was steel too, but that didnt really seem right because I thought that Steel was in very high demand to make planes and ships and guns and stuff during WW2, and it didnt make sense that they would waste the steel on such things as pennies [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oh well, a little google research can clear up just about any quandary one would have. . .

Comment

If anyone cares [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint...on=fun_facts2a

Comment

Working...
                              X