No announcement yet.

Santa Brings a Charvel Bass Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Brings a Charvel Bass Questions?

Well being were all snowed in and all needed some entertainment my Wife gave me the Charvel Bass Early and it's sweet.
    Another Pawn Shop special @ $90..
    I was wondering what year it was made and the type it is?
    It has metal flake in the creem paint and is in very good condition for a $90 Pawn Shop Charvel.
    It has percition & jass bass pickups master volume master tone and a pan knob to go between the two.
    It has .045"-.105" strings and plays smooth and sweet and has low action for a bass.
    My sons have been thumpin on it ever since I got it, I can't even get a chance to play it myself, It realy is sweet
    Here's a Pic I took of it this morning sittin in front of my 5150,What type of bass is this and was it worth $90?
    Charvel Bass $90 Pawn Shop Special

Re: Santa Brings a Charvel Bass Questions?

<font color="aqua">Nice, it's a Model 2b and if original, it has a J20 in the neck and a J150 in the bridge. The body is poplar and the neck is maple. Very nice for the price, congrats! </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

On the Import Charvel page they say it's a 2B made between 1986-1988..
      So It has a Poplar Body and a Maple Neck! It also has the scarf joint in the neck.
      J20 in the neck &amp; J150 in the bridge.
      I notice I get some Hum in the bridge possition but not in the neck? Is this because the neck pickup is split and the extra coil cancels out the 60 cycle hum?
      It sound OK threw my Peavey 5150 212, But I've been easy on it being I don't own a Bass Amp Yet..Don't want to bust my Killer Amp,Also another Deal I made @ $250, But It needed Tubes &amp; that set me back around $80 for Eurotubes matched &amp; graded 5 12AX7s &amp; 2 6L6s...Bought it @ Music-Go-Round..
      Thanks for the reply, It helps to know what you have.
      Beretta92

Charvel 90/91 Fusion Custom
      Charvel 86/88 B2 Bass

Comment

Congrats on the killer bass. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I think if the serial number begins with a 6 it's a 86, 7 it's a 87 and an 8 an 88. Someone else might be able to confirm that.
        Also welcome to the bass forum. There are very few of us here, it's nice to see a new addition.
        "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Thanks!!
          The B2s neckplate is a Fort Worth Model with the Serial # being # 236260..
          Has the White Pearl Finish
          This Bass is gettin Sweeter.Gettin used to the Bass after playin guitar for over twenty five years, I played Bass when I was 12-17 years old,Haven't played one since, It's funny how the rips etc come right back.
          Bass gives you alot of dextarity &amp; fret reach..
          May Pop Crunches &amp; Snaps ring for evermore..
          B92 with the B2

Comment

Congratulations, Beretta, on the early Xmas present!! She's mighty purty. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Great to hear you're getting back into bass too, that's awesome.
            Have fun, thump away! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

mwm70, you're right about the first number but it's the neck thru 3b seriel numbers that applies to.
              The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Cool bass and a great price. Pawn shop scores are the best.

Comment

Can't see $90 being anything but a good thing. Unless there is a problem with the neck, seems like a great deal. And if it keeps you company with the ugly stuff called snow around, then it's worth it. I'm sure you can always get most, or all of your money back out of it if you decide to sell.
                  www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Working...
                  X