Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool help

Guys,
    I need to know what size / type of wrench I need to adjust the truss rod in a re-issue Charvel San Dimas 1. My tech can't find anything which will fit and the guitar desperately needs adjusting (of course, there's nothing in the case!).
    Thanks
    Ian
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: Tool help

is it an allen wrench type, or one of the "crack pipe" wrenches?

Comment

I'm not sure - from the look of it the truss rod ends more or less under the fingerboard side of the locking nut (around an inch into the neck from the fillet on the headstock face) so i have no idea what we should be using.....

Comment

shine a flashlight in there-you should either see something that looks like a lug nut, or something that looks like a hexagonal hole. Those SD re-issues aren't US made are they? I am assuming they are Japanese-should be metric in size, whatever it needs.

Comment

It looks like some sort of hexagonal hole, but the SD re-issues were built in the USA.....
          Cheers
          Ian

Comment

Well if they follow the USA Jacksons it is a 3/16 allen "hexagonal" wrench.I now on my soloist you have to use one with a ball type end to get at it.If you have to do this now you could probably grind down a 5mm one to fit(4.77mm).This is just a suggestion to get out of a bind.

Here is a pic of what I am talking about at least the end of the wrench should look like. http://www.bondhus.com/product%20cat...nd_singles.htm
            Mike
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
            X