help with noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with noise

I changed few things around in my rack and all the sudden my wireless is making a pulsing crackleing type sound, that my Hush doesnt' even stop unless itis up so high that it kills the signal.

Any ideas what this could be?
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: help with noise

The only times my wireless made noise were when the battery was low.

Comment

could be a bad cable? or maybe something isn't hooked up right?

Comment

The only thing about the batteries , I did use a Duracell and it seems that my wireless only likes Energizers for some reason, but....

My stuff is all hooked up the same, I just changed the location of stuff in my rack. I checkedi tout agiain today and the pulseing noise didn' happen, but there is still this loud hiss or hum that wasn't there before.

Comment

I'm not a rack guy, but I know with home stereos, if certain components are stacked on top of one another, you can get strange noises. ALso isn't there some problem with grounding the racks? I know they used to sell these little rubber washers that you used to isolate your equipment from the metal rails. Did you plug into a different outlet? I know when I lived at home, if I had my amp plugged into a certain outlet, and my mother was using the microwave or vacuum cleaner, I could hear it throught he amp. DId you try plugging in a different guitar? maybe your jack is bad or a bad solder joint? I'm out of ideas.

Comment

well, you may not be to off on this one, I usually plug my amp into my furman, and I don't know how much it actually filers out RF noise and stuff, but no I have my amp plugged into the wall and the wiring in this house is real Flaky.

I was worried that I had something isolated from the rack and when I re did it , I tore all the rubber pieces that I had on the rack off. But I have been told that ,even using the nylon washers that the equipment ground s out on the screw itself.

Comment

If this noise was a ground loop or something like that , would it stop when the guitar is turned all the way down?

Comment

Ok guys, I got the pulseing noise figured out, but the hissing \hum is still there.

As mentioned it is so loud the hush doesn't stop it even when all the way up! I unpluged the rack from the FX loop so it isn't in the rack.

It makes the same noise whith the wireless and without, but it is slightly louder with it, and check this out... It goes away when I turn down the volume on the guitar, with the cable, but it does nothing when I turn it down using the wireless.
                Please help!!

Comment

sounds like some type of grounding issues with the electronics of the guitar. "but it does nothing when I turn it down using the wireless" - meaning, it stays the same whether the volume is up or down?
                  Could be a loose ground wire or the jack.

What is your guitars layout electronic wise? Emg?

As etaeniura asked above "DId you try plugging in a different guitar? maybe your jack is bad or a bad solder joint? I'm out of ideas"

Comment

It does it with both guitars, and they are both passive, not EMG's. Yea when using the wireless, the noise stays at exactly the same level when I turn down the guitars vol. knob.

When I use a cord, the noise is only a little less to begin with, than when using the wireless, but it goes TOTALLY away when I turn the guitar down.

Comment

well, that eliminates the guitars and the cord.

Soundslike the wireless, but the fact is you still have noise in your rack with a cord which goes away comletely when you roll off the volume all the way.
                      Sound slike something in your rack setup is now making the noise and the wireless is just boosting the signal slightly.
                      Breakdown your rack setup-what are you using?
                      Go thru the hookup, you have to go thru this piece by piece, unless it's a bad tube or something as such. Still sounds like a ground issue with something.

Comment

Well I totally took the rack out of the picture by just removing it from my fx loop.

I'm gonna start a new thresad on this casue some new things have been discovered if you will [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Check it out, I'm calling it AMp help!! HAHHA

Comment

Working...
                        X