Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez 7-string Floyd - WTF?

Hey everyone,
    need a little help with my Ibeenhad 7string's Floyd (RG7620, I think it's the LoPro7 or Double Edge7... whatever is on the UV series, AFAIR). Maybe it's just plain stupid me, but I can't figure out how to adjust the goddamned thing.
    I just don't see any screws, or studs, or ANY philipshead-style stuff that looks like it's responsible for the adjustment. I think I don't see the obvious. As usual. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Ibanez 7-string Floyd - WTF?

not familiar with it....got any pics?

Comment

Is it this one?

http://www.floydrose.com/7string.html
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I had an RG7620... it had the Lo-Pro Edge 7. I'm not understanding what you're looking for and not seeing. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Everything is adjusted normally as it would be on any other Floyd. The posts for action height are adjusted with an allen wrench which is actually a larger size than the string locking clamps. A phillip's head screwdriver is used to adjust the spring claw.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here's a pic:

Sorry for the confusion, I meant allen wrenches, it was 2 AM in the morning here or something.
          I tried to adjust it (the action) like on any other floyd, at the pivot points, those two studs that are inserted into the body. To no avail, as I coulnd't find anything that would fit in there. I'm going to try a larger allen wrench now.. could've thought of that myself.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I'm going to try a larger allen wrench now.. could've thought of that myself.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              Yeah, really! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

When I had my old RG7620, I was surprised to learn that the posts used a larger allen wrench instead of the same size as the trem locking bolts.
              I don't remember offhand, but is there also a third wrench size for the locking nut or is it the same size as for the trem bolts? I remember having one guitar and needing three different size wrenches!

Comment

Like I said. I don't see the obvious. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I only got the usual set of wrenches with it, that's what confused me so much. The one that's needed for the trem is the larger one... I have yet to find a fitting one. Dammit.

Comment

That sucks. I've got a million wrenches floating around my house, so lucky I had one that fit. Why Ibanez made it a different size is beyond me.

Comment

The Edge and Lo Pros actually need 2 wrenches. The large one is I think either 4mm or 5mm which adjusts the height of the bridge. Within the bridge stud is a 1.5mm used for locking the stud. You set the height with the large wrench, then tighten the inside stud with the smaller wrench and then slightly retighten the stud, which will lock it.

It actually works great and many people don't know about it. Check out the Jemsite for more info.

Peter

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      The Edge and Lo Pros actually need 2 wrenches. The large one is I think either 4mm or 5mm which adjusts the height of the bridge. Within the bridge stud is a 1.5mm used for locking the stud. You set the height with the large wrench, then tighten the inside stud with the smaller wrench and then slightly retighten the stud, which will lock it.

It actually works great and many people don't know about it. Check out the Jemsite for more info.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Yeah, I remember reading about that. When I got the RG7620 from you, I never locked the stud. It was just easier to keep it normal and just adjust the height when necessary. The locking feature is really cool, though.

Comment

my old 6-string RG450 came with a set of 3 different wrenches.

Comment

and on the 8th day, God created stop/hardtails/stringthrough's and tune-o-matics. lol! j/k, fellas!

carry on carry on!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            and on the 8th day, God created stop/hardtails/stringthrough's and tune-o-matics. lol! j/k, fellas!

carry on carry on!

[/ QUOTE ]
                            All I played on for years were Floyded guitars. Now all of my guitars have fixed bridges (hardtail, stoptail/TOM, string-thru/TOM). I've got the urge for a trem again, so I've got two mutt projects I'm building; one with a Floyd and the other with a Strat-type trem. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The two pivot screws are a 4mm allen wrench. There is a lock in the center of those screws. It's way too small for me to read what is says. If you have all the tools for it, the smallest allen wrench (about the same size as strat saddles) You have to loosen the tiny screw (you can't see it it's down inside the bigger one) or else the pivot screws won't move any lower. If you still can't figure it out, send me a PM I'll be glad to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X