Emg Soldering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emg Soldering

Ok so I have a EMG 89 which is going to be in the bridge and a 60 @ the neck.

There is be a push pull pot for the 89,
    and a tone and volume for the 60.

When I look at the batery clip there is a red wire. where does this go? the pictures don't show it verywell.

How do I solder the Pickupswitch? there are 3 settings. one for neck, one for inbetween and then for bridge.

where do the 3 wires go for this to work?

Thanks.

Re: Emg Soldering

[ QUOTE ]

When I look at the batery clip there is a red wire. where does this go? the pictures don't show it verywell.

How do I solder the Pickupswitch?

[/ QUOTE ]

The red wire from the battery clip should be soldered to both red wires coming from the pickups themselves. This is what powers the internal preamps for those pickups. So in the end you'll have all 3 red wires soldered at one point. Just make sure you place some heat-shrink wrap through the wires before soldering so you can cover the solder joint.

I'm not sure if I can answer your 2nd question. I usally need to stare at the switch and play around with it before I figure out what to solder where. Is this a 3-way toggle or a blade-type switch? MAybe someone else who knows more about switches can help on this one. Posting a pic of the switch may help too.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

email or call emg, and tell them your exact setup. they will be happy to email you wiring diagrams that arn't listed on their website.

www.emgpickups.com
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

well, i went ahead and started soldering and I got the bridge to work ! atleast.. when i put a metal object to it, it picks it up. good sign ya?

Comment

Actually ... I think there's some magnetic attraction, although you don't have the power in the pickup.

Comment

It picks up the sound from it, or it attracts it magnetically? An EMG doesn't have very big magnets in it, like an Invader, so it shouldn't be able to lift nails and stuff. If you mean that if you tap it with a screwdriver and it makes a sound through your amp, then yes, it is probably working just fine.

Comment

^yes thats what i mean.

Comment

Working...
              X