Aftermarket Necks......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Necks......

Hey fellas,what aftermarket necks do you use on your projects?Warmoth?Anyone use Mighty Mite? Just trying to make sure I cover all my options before I take the plunge on this project. Thanks..... Rev
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Re: Aftermarket Necks......

carvin would be my choice.... but warmoth has actual replacement necks, unlike carvin.

Comment

I have 2 Warmoth necks and totally love em. If I were doing another mutt I'd get another Warmoth neck without thinking twice.
      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I agree, Warmoth probably makes the nicest aftermarket necks. For mutts I love picking up old "model" series Charvel necks off the bay. Those are hard to beat.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I've played a few guitars made from Warmoth parts and they always felt great. Performance was good too, too bad they're no more. USA Custom Guitars will make some great stuff for you also.

Comment

Warmoth necks are nicer than a lot of standard manufacturers originals. They do great work, and you can order them however you want. They can get pricey, but the quality is high.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Customwoods!!

Comment

Carvin is the best I've played, but they don't have as many choices as, say, Warmoth. And certain things (like neck profile) are "take it or leave it"; if you don't like their profile, it doesn't matter WHAT the quality or value is.

Comment

For a standard strat type neck, the Stew Mac necks aren't bad. I've had two of them and they have a nice profile, feel like the standard thin Warmoth profile to me. The problems with them are that you have to cut the headstock to shape, and the dot inlays on the maple boards suck. The black dots kind of bleed into the finish around the edges. It's very minor, and you have to be looking for it, but once you see it, you know it's there. On the plus side, the frets were true, they didn't need any work for a good buzz free setup. And the price is right. I think I got two of them for about 105 each. I wouldn't use them if I were making a nice guitar to sell, but for a beater that plays well, or guitars for your kids (my next projects) they'll do the job and then some.

They're take it or leave it like the Carin too. No locking nuts, 12" radius is standard (which is cool, cause it matches my LP), only dot inlays.

Comment

Warmoth necks are fantastic. They can be expensive, but you can get whatever you want, and the quality is top notch.

Comment

I've got two projects in the works. One will have a Carvin neck with Floyd nut, the other will have a Moses graphite neck, but I'm not sure whether the nut is cut or I'll have to have that done. I just ordered the Moses from MF and they have two necks, one model says the nut is not cut, the one I got doesn't mention. Guess I'll find out in a few days. The Carvin should be here tomorrow that I just bought from another board member here (Model 88). I'll report back when I've got all my parts together. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you want variety and a great combination of woods, and shapes, Warmoth is the way to go. They have a new truss rod adjustment on the Warmoth issue necks. You can adjust the rod from the side of the neck heel! I have 5 of them. Nice and easy to setup and I've never had to do a fret level on their necks.
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                        X