Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jsustainer combining w/booster

Hey guys,

I’m about getting a custom, but there is something I need to know.
    The guitar has a Jackson sustainer (is it 100% like the one in the PC1?) with the 2 18V battery’s - my question is, is it possible to install a preamp/booster in combination with the sustainer and will it need another 9V battery or will it make use of the 2 9V’s?

Thanks in advance [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Jsustainer combining w/booster

I'm pretty sure if you use the sustainer with any other active circuitry you'll need to quantriplulize the available current, the voltage should be the same. You could try one of the aftermarket battery multipliers/enhancers but I hear the belly packs are very heavy and uncomfortable. I'm gong to try one of the newer light weight proton generators on my current project. They are only the size of a dime, weigh about 3/10ths of a gram, and have the most accurate viscuationatomical rating of any product available at this time. I'll let ya know how it works out.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

If you don't add seperate batteries and run the preamp and the sustainer at the same time, it might be too much of a draw. I don't know, but I'd rather have seperate batteries for each.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I'm gong to try one of the newer light weight proton generators on my current project. They are only the size of a dime, weigh about 3/10ths of a gram, and have the most accurate viscuationatomical rating of any product available at this time. I'll let ya know how it works out.

[/ QUOTE ]
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Thanks for the reply's.

Is the Emg-pa2 a good booster/preamplifier?

Comment

Is it possible to use the SD livewire circuit in combination with the Jsustainer? And if it's possible, were does the livewire leech his power(maybe are the sustainer's two 9v's shared?

Comment

Working...
            X