Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you like the PC1?

I'm thinking of getting a PC1 but I have never
    played one. I'm using a SL2H and DK2S (love the sustainer in DK2S).

I read that the sustainer in the PC1 is better???

How is the neck?

I like the SL2 and DK2 flat radius necks.
    Will I like the PC1 neck?

I don't have any PC1's locally so I have to buy it from the internet without trying it.

Re: How do you like the PC1?

The PC1 is a great guitar. The neck is a bit thicker, more rounded. Not my favorite profile, but I wouldn't consider it a negative either. I can easily adjust to the different feel and prefer the variety.

Absent trying one locally, I'd suggest you try a Les Paul neck, and imagine it with an oiled maple finish. Not the same by any means but, off the top of my head, I can't think of anything more comparable, either. It'll get you in the ballpark for feel.

[ March 04, 2003, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Actually, wouldn't the PC1 be closer to a Fat Strat?

I've a Jackson with a LP Profile neck, and it feels nothing like a PC1. The LP Profile is quite a bit thicker than the PC1, IMO.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Probably, but I've never played a Fat Strat. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Good suggestion, Xeno.

Comment

I think you'll love the PC1, it's a great guitar! The neck is somewhat fatter than other Jackson necks. I have a PC1 and an SL2GX which has a much thinner speed neck and I don't have any problem switching between the two. I also have an '87 Soloist that has a neck that's somewhere in the middle, so I'm constantly having to adjust...but its not really a big deal. Never really give it much thought.

I get alot more tone variations from my PC1, I think the Mahogany has alot to do with that. So, if you want a really versatile guitar, the PC1 is the way to go.

Comment

Next time you're at a guitar shop... try one. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Actually not a bad feeling neck... if only the rest of the guitar were up to par... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
            X