Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decided on the dimarzio Sdistortion Bridge.neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decided on the dimarzio Sdistortion Bridge.neck?

Sorry for the floods of pickup Qs, but I have finally decided on the DP100 due to a lot of recommendations from this forum.

What's a good neck pup to match? I want a kinda yngwie like smooth, big lead sound, yet with good cleans (been playing a lot of little wing vaughn style recently..). Any recommendations? How's the dimarzio super IIs?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Decided on the dimarzio Sdistortion Bridge.neck?

I believe the super two is the same as the distortion with 4 conductor wiring.

Comment

Yep, Super 2 has the same output level, just more treble. It's an awesome neck pup with either Super D or X2N in the bridge. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The super 2 may be okay. Dimarzio has a thing where if you don't like it, you can send it back to them for a refund. It's not advertized, but they will do that. In regards to the previous post, the super 2 is not the same as the SD. The dual sound was that. (an SD with 4 wires) And now, the SD is avail. as a 4 wire pickup.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          In regards to the previous post, the super 2 is not the same as the SD. The dual sound was that. (an SD with 4 wires) And now, the SD is avail. as a 4 wire pickup.

[/ QUOTE ]True, but the Dual Sound also came with a mini switch for coil tapping.

Comment

I´m actually like the duncan jb in the neck of my rhoads, with a super dist at the bridge.
            Sounds very fat but not muddy.
            And the good thing about the jb is that it´s suposed to sound great splitted as well, but i havn´t tried it myself.

Comment

Re: Decided on the dimarzio Sdistortion Bridge.nec

PAF Pro .. I had a SD/PAF Pro combo and it sounded great

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys.

one more question if I may, does the super2, JB in neck, Paf Pro sounds good clean? My friend's 59 in neck sounds amazing clean... I wish I could get amazing cleans as well, but also a great dirty sound... yea I want it all :P

Damn I wish Dimarzio has some sound clips like seymour duncan...

Comment

I think DiMarzio does have sound clips on certain pups, not sure which ones offhand, though. And, yes, the Super 2 does sound good clean. I just had the pups in my Carvin changed to the Super D and Super 2, great cleans with the volume rolled back. I think I'm using my old X2N and Super 2 in a Strat project real soon, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

My JB jr in the neck of my model 4 mutt sounds pretty good clean, very warm-good fro strumming chords. If you do more fingerpicking or single note lines, you may want something with a little more treble, or you may have to adjust your EQ a bit.

Comment

You can split the jb and get very close to a real single coil, according to some guys on the duncan forum.

Unsplitted it may be a little to fat and warm to some peoples liking, but of course your eq depends to.

But as i said, splitted it should sound very good clean, and when not splitted, you have a fat kickass lead sound [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

And btw: great choice of bridge pickup[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The hotter the humbucker, the better the single coil approximation when split. The DiMarzio Super Distortion splits well, the X2N even better. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The JB is kinda weak and lacks balls in the low end and is, IMO, overrated.

Comment

Yes but ain´t the super distortion TO fat in the neck?

Comment

The Super 2 isn't too fat in the neck. Even though it's got the same power as the regular Super D, the Super 2 has more treble and less bass. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I've never tried the regular Super D in the neck, so I can't say, but I did put two Duncan Invaders in my old Kelly with good results and didn't think the neck pup was too overpowering. The Invader has lots of low-end punch and mids. The person who got the guitar after me thought it was a little too much in the neck, but I thought it was fine and balanced well.

Comment

I ordered the super D and super 2 combo yesterday, thanks everyone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hey so to do the splitting, I need to drill a hole on my kelly and install a switch right? :\ ... Is there a way to do it without drilling?

Comment

Working...
                              X