Warrior, MORBID news;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior, MORBID news;

Sorry, I screwed up on that other post where I said my friend Jerry had a Chuck Shuldiner owned Warrior. I was drunk at the time and thought that's what he said. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Anyway, I talked to Jerry tonight and the Warrior was owned by Eric Hoffman of Deicide and was used to record the original Deicide album. He won't sell it for anything [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Here's the REAL news though (you heard it here first [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) I partied with Steve Tucker and Pete Sandoval tonight- Steve's back in MORBID ANGEL [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Warrior, MORBID news;

I know that my question would belong to some other section, but since you`ve brought it up, can you give some more info on that Tucker thing? Why did he left and why did he return to Morbid Angel?
    Would be grateful for some info!!

Comment

Hey Lurch no prob! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I'm a huge Chuck fan and I always though..."That would be so fu(kn cool if Chuck played a Warrior"! I don't really know why one would assume their idol should play something different than what he/she is but....You know? I just though I knew what was best. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I know Chuck loved his Stealth cuz BC rich gave him what became the "Ignitor" and he played it a couple times said it was fine but he liked his Stealth.

I guess this means Eric is still out then? If so who are they getting for the second guitarist?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Steve left Morbid on the Pantera tour to pursue recording and other music than death-metal. Funny, he rode home with Pat (Cannibal), Laz (Nile), and me from the last show at the Orlando Hard Rock (Me and pat did a shot with Dime that night [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] ) and I was telling him he was stupid for leaving Morbid, Pat had to tell me to shut up before Steve punched me [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So last night, Steve looked at me like he didn't want me to tell him "I told you so" so I didn't [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Why he returned- I'm not sure. Maybe they made him a really good offer, or maybe he just missed being in a premier headlining death-metal band. As far as Erik returning, I think he will do it with Steve back (and also for the money [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Comment

Glad to hear Steve is back. He was a perfect replacement for David Vincent.

I am also glad to hear Deicide is still going. They are the only band I have yet to see that I have always wanted to see live.

Comment

Tucker is really a great replacement for Vincent. I saw them live with Tucker for, I think 3 times and he was great!! Not just a replacement, truly.
            I think that Erik will return too, as It seems that Hate Eternal are not so successful. Great band, one of the best Death Metal bands for sure, but saleswise.......
            I saw Deicide live. Not something to great, to be honest.....But it was Deicide, so I was out of my head.

Comment

There is no way Erik is going back. He is focusing 100% on Hate Eternal right now. He is a friend of mine, and that's what he said last week. Erik wasn't as close to Steve Tucker as he is with Jared, who nows plays in Hate Eternal with him. Erik told me that he is finally doing what he has always wanted to, play guitar and sing. I heard a rumor(and I hear LOTS of them) that Gene from Angelcorpse was replacing Erik. That would be cool, I think.

Comment

I saw the Vincent era MA twice and Tucker era MA once. Tucker kicked ass! It definately isn't one of those Sepultura things where things just aren't the same after the vocalist leaves, Morbid Angel almost sounded refreshed and re-energized.

Comment

Hey lurchhammer. how do you knwop these cool dudes ? were you liek friends with em back in the "day" or something ?

Comment

I've known them for a long time- just from hangin' out drinkin' on the weekends. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

That's great!! I wish I knew the guys from Nile, Morbid Angel and Cannibal Corpse as well!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Anders
                      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I remember meeting Erik when he was in a local band here in NJ called Ripping Corpse. What a great band!!
                        I actually haven't bought any Morbid Angel albums since David Vincent left the band, but it seems I should check them out. I heard some things with Steve, thought he sounded a lot like David.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X