RR5 volume problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR5 volume problems

On my RR5 the volume pots "bleed over" on each other. Like if I have the bridge pickup selected, if the volume is up on the knob for the neck pu, you can hear it. And vice versa..I took it to the shop that does my set ups and stuff, and they couldn't fix it. It's not that big of a deal I guess, I just make sure the volume knob is down on the pickup I'm not using, but it still "bugs" me. Any ideas?? [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: RR5 volume problems

I believe I read a thread about the Jackson Y2KV having the same problem, and the bleeding over is an apparent "fault" built into every two hum guitar that has separate volume knobs. I never realized why though!

Comment

Hmmm. Big Red don't do that [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Okay, I can't find the topic relating to it. Forget what I said. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, it is very common with two volume controls. My Hamer did it when I had EMGs in it, but it was very slight (I think it also did it when it had the JB/'59 combo). If the volume of the pickup I wasn't using was totally off, then it wouldn't bleed through. With the EMGs in my Les Paul, though, I don't think I've ever noticed any bleed-through. Maybe it's the way the pots are wired to the controls? If you have "master" wiring (turning one volume down all the way will cause the other pickup to also be off when you switch to it; i.e. a master volume... like a typical Les Paul). "Independent" wiring (like on my Hamer) you can turn one volume all the way off and still have the other pickup be on; i.e. they work independently of one another.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hmm, I was actually just playing my LP and noticed it happens on there, too, but less than I remember on the Hamer.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I remember LP's that did that. I wouldn't doubt if there was some crazy mod to fix that. I wonder if the mod for "blending" the two volumes would help?

Comment

Working...
              X