Pic of my "new" 1987 Jackson USA....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic of my "new" 1987 Jackson USA....

My newest edition. A pristine 1987 San Dimas (well, Ontario) serial # 3436 Cream. The Jackson lettering on the pickups have faded, but...I wish I could take better pictures.

Re: Pic of my "new" 1987 Jackson USA....

Congrats! These are some sweet guitars! I just scored an '87 as well! Enjoy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I wish I had money for a new guitar, if anything I'm investing in a used half-stack.

Comment

Nice axe!

Will you be able to record something with that beauty and puting it on mp3 so i can listen how thoss pickups sound?

Enjoy. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Ah HA! Upon further inspection, my 1987 turns out to be a 1989. Oh well. Still a decent score (I guess!!!)I know they didn't use sequential numbers from 87-89.

Comment

dude! your black w/ gold hardware Dk1 is awesome!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

87? 89? That's a nice Grover era Jackson. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Looks nice and clean like mine! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks guys. Xeno, I'm going to strip it down this weekend and clean the hardware, fretboard and restring. THEN we will see! I like your score also. You can't beat a clean, white Jackson geetar.....
                Yea, the trans black DK1 with gold is nice. The gold, though, is really starting to bubble up and chip away. I'm thinking of re-doing it with new gold hardware. It came from California (San Diego) and I'm thinkin' the salty air took it's toll on the gold plating..............

Comment

the bubbling gold could be from the acidic content of the sweat of your or the previous owners hands...i've had plenty of gold floyds do that to me as well...coll p/u config. on the white one...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Yeah, nice one Jimbo. If original, that PU combo is pretty rare.

P.S.- Nice quilt on that PC1. Makes me want a soda. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ March 02, 2003, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Thanks. It's original. The Jackson logo on a couple of the P/Us are faded. I'm thinking I'm going to touch them up with some white paint. It's really in great shape. Just needs new strings and a correct trem setup. Maybe this weekend.............

Comment

Sweet Axe, I love that trem block you have in there. Does it have call waiting? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I'm still LMFAO! That's funny. Actually, I just had that line splice handy so I used it as a block so I could take the springs off. It's only for outgoing calls. No incoming service............ [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ March 02, 2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Jimbo ]

Comment

Working...
                          X