help please.......RR LTD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please.......RR LTD?

Just saw a white RR hanging on the wall.

It's got the pinstripes, funny Jackson script logo (not the regular toothpaste) on the headstock and a vintage trem.

The serial number on the 22nd fret is RRxxxx. I thought all the 92 LTDs had a serial number LTXxxx.

So what RR model am I looking at?

Re: help please.......RR LTD?

Hi g-rover;

Some other things to look for are rectangular inlays, pickup selector switch on top of the body, 2 volume and 2 tone knobs with no pick guard, binding over the fret ends, and the output jack being located on the short fin.
    Most LTD's have a recessed Jackson/Schaller tremolo and some have vintage tremolos. While these guitars carry LTD and Vintage trem numbers respectively, they also made 4 more guitars in 97 for the NAMM show. These had custom shop on the headstock and at least one (the one I have) has an original Floyd Rose on it. These NAMM LTD's had RR serial numbers but I'm not aware of any of the four having a Vintage Trem on them.
    Check the other features on the guitar you're looking at as compared to what I listed above.

Rudy
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

to add to that, there were some LTDs with RR serials. not necessarily NAMM show models, not necessarily part of the 200. rudy pretty much covered it, but you may have quite a find on your hands. to be sure, look where the body meets the neck; an LTD body joins the neck at the 17th fret....a regular RR body is at the 19th. i think that, along with 4 vol knobs, and toggle placement will determine what you have.

good luck!

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

G-rover, if that guitar is for sale and you decide to pass, PLEASE pass the contact info over to me. I'll make it worth your time. Thanks. Email me at:

[email protected]

Comment

First....thanks everyone.

The guitar has everything everybody's pointed out.....I just wasn't sure if it was the real thing because of the RR serial number and not the LTD serial number.

I put a deposit on it and should have it home in a few days....sorry Brett.
          [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Great score, post LOTS of pics!!

Comment

Hurry up and pay that fiddle off and post pics so we can viddy it!

Comment

hey man if you buy buy it for me i'll let you look at it [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X