what's the best way to...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the best way to...?

make a pickup set up for direct mount fit with a pickup ring?

The mounting holes are larger than the screws used with mounting rings. How would I go about filling them in to make it work in the best possible way?

Re: what\'s the best way to...?

<font color="aqua">I would use a nut on each side of the flange (that used to be threaded)and tighten them at the desired pickup height from the strings that you would like. After all, it's not like you're going to keep changing the pickup height right? Did that make sense? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That's going to be a small nut.

Comment

This is what I did so that the pickups were still adjustable.
        I epoxy'd (I actually used Plumbers Goop, man that stuff is strong and because it doesn't get brittle it won't crack) threaded standoffs to each of the pickup flanges making sure that the standoffs were the correct threading for the pickup height adjustment screws and that they were lined up centered over the existing holes in the pickup flanges.

You could also braze or solder the flange holes closed and redrill and tap a new hole. You can use self tapping screws to tap it too if you don't have a tap and die set.

Comment

Working...
        X