Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky DK1 and number of frets

Hy!
    I've a Dinky DK1 from 1997 and I noticed that i've only 22 frets on the neck. But all pictures of DK1 that i saw showed 24 frets except one picture of a DK1 from 1997 (like mine).
    Is there other DK1 that have 22 frets?

Here is a picture of mine's

Re: Dinky DK1 and number of frets

Are you sure that's not a custom Jackson?

Comment

No, it would be written on the head if it was a CS.

Look, in the gallery of this site a guy have the same in blue :

Comment

the original DK1s, up until the model was discontinued a few years back, had 22 frets like yours. Since they resurrected the model (last year?) they've had 24 frets.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
          the original DK1s, up until the model was discontinued a few years back, had 22 frets like yours. Since they resurrected the model (last year?) they've had 24 frets.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok thanx! I've spend time on the web but i've only found this picture (the blue one) and a red DK1 from 1997. What is particular to this model except the 22 frets, is the gold hardware.

This model is easily identifiable because of the larger space between the two single coils. On the 24 frets models, this space is smaller.

Another question : the DK1 and the soloist are very similar. Are the same woods used? The main differences are (according to me) the build of the neck (neck thru for the soloist and bolt for the dinky) and the number of frets. The pickups eems to be the same. Am i right?

[ February 23, 2003, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: keogh ]

Comment

No, the pickups are not the same. The new DK1 has two EMG humbuckers and not an H/S/S configuration.
            A Soloist is neck-thru, a Dinky is bolt-on... both are the same body size (Dinky/Soloist body is 7/8 the size of a Strat body).

[ February 23, 2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
              No, the pickups are not the same. The new DK1 has two EMG humbuckers and not an H/S/S configuration.
              A Soloist is neck-thru, a Dinky is bolt-on... both are the same body size (Dinky/Soloist body is 7/8 the size of a Strat body).
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He was wrong about the pickups, but he DID mention the Dinky/bolt vs. Soloist/neckthru characteristic difference.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I own a new DK-1 and and a newer soloist. The neck neck profile is a little different between the two with the soloist a little thinner, or this may just be my perception.
                hpets

Comment

Working...
                X