Jackson Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Tele

I picked this up today at the local consignment shop. Jackson USA tele, metallic blue with white binding on body, ebony board, fins, schaller floyd trem, H-S-S three switches for the pickups and a push pull which I believe splits the Hum in the bridge. Ontario guitar dates to June 86 with a San Dimas Plate. The bridge pickup and the neck are Duncans, the bridge has a sticker that is stamped PGBJ (not completely clear), neck has NC on it. Middle is a Jackson J100. Anyone know what model the duncan is in the bridge?

Re: Jackson Tele

*slurp* Very nice. congrats
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I figured it out... PGB = Pearly Gates Bridge

Comment

What a really nice Tele you got there! I think it may be a San Dimas, what was the serial? Here's why I think that: The tuners are indicative of SD era, not angled on the screw mounting rings. The "made in usa" is under the logo. "TM" instead of the circled "R" trademark symbol. What is strange is the Schaller trem but the older Jackson locking nut. I myself recently picked up a Tele, you could see it here: http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...=000205#000000
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Beautiful guitar you've got there! Congratulations!

Yours is awesome too, Joe!

Lerx
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The model should be on a sticker on the back of the pickup... only way to really tell is to pull it and check, I think.

Sweet guitar... congrats! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Hey Joe, that neck thru tele is VERY cool.

I noticed the neck on my tele looked like a San Dimas also. The neck pocket is dated June 86 and the plate is too high for San Dimas. I figure the neck is either left over from the San Dimas move or maybe was swapped from a San Dimas? That might explain the Schaller Floyd with the older style nut. I dunno, but it plays very smooth. Cleaned up even better than the pics show too.

[ February 24, 2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: ShredFred ]

Comment

Working...
              X