I need a little doubleneck constuction advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a little doubleneck constuction advice

In the middle of a Jackson Doubleneck/Mutt Project.

I'm TRYING to build a 12/6 combo.. but if I can't do that. I'll go for a 6/6 with alternate tunings.

Why?.. why the hell not. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've got the body, I've got the Jackson necks, I just need to sort the 12 string part out.

I'm trying to imitate a Dinky style doubleneck as closely as I can.

I like Jacksons style of string/bridge setup, so I've been trying to find a black, 12 string TOM.. no luck so far.

I also need to figure out a way to mount the extra six strings.. Jackson's custom shop seems to make a bracket of some sort to hold the ball ends on the headstock. If I get a good pic, I suppose I can make one.

I've also noticed that the "Taxi" doublneck doesn't appear to have any such "bracket" on it's headstock. I've only seen a close up of the nut area.

I'm assuming that perhaps string ferrels have been drilled in the headstock somewhere, althoug I'd worry about weakness.

Any pics, or thoughts or ideas GREATLY appreciated.

Re: I need a little doubleneck constuction advice

its headstock [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Been a long time 2Loud.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: I need a little doubleneck constuction advice

I think the string ferrules in the headstock would be the way to go. I can't imagine that weakening it any. Route the underside rear of the body to accept a set of tuners and you're in there. I know you can get 12 string TOM's but not sure about black. Have you called Allparts? They have tons of stuff that's not listed in their catalog. Good luck with the project. I've been wanting to do something similar so I'll be excited to see your progress.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
      X