Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'87 Strat Time Machine has arrived! w/PICS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '87 Strat Time Machine has arrived! w/PICS!

Wow. I just got this in today, and I'm pretty amazed by how clean she really is! A bit of buzzing at the first fret... I think tightening the truss and raising the action to correct should fix it, but the neck is really sweet.

The guitar doesn't even really look played... No paint missing off the string clamps. I don't think it's ever been set-up properly. No real dings or scratches, other than light polish swirl, and the active electronics are intact!

It even came with the hang tag, and a JT6 manual. The tape covering the trem cover info is still mostly there, and I think I was the first one to pull off that neck... sacrilidge... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I've never seen a Grey Jackson Chainsaw case...

Oh well, it's only an early Ontario strat, no real big deal, but I'm excited and wanted to share. Here are the pictures. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Re: \'87 Strat Time Machine has arrived! w/PICS!

sick! Congrats, Xeno. She's quite the looker. For some reason, I get a "Gary Moore" vibe looking at her [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Very nice.
      If you ever decide to sell , I would be interested.

Mark
      Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

very cool dude!

Comment

I would be excited to. Great guitar,enjoy xeno.

Comment

Sweet Xeno! Looks almost new. BTW, is that ebony or rosewood?

Comment

Xcellent Xeno, great score!!....nice pics...now show us some more of your Archtop!!!

Comment

Hey Pat, it's actually rosewood, but it's really dark, even in person... when I first opened the case I thought it was ebony.

The guitar is practically new... the aluminum cover plates don't have a single scratch... the guitar has never been dropped, or dinged really... a couple of TINY ones that don't even affect the clear coat... no neck pocket cracks, etc. The JT6 looks brand new. There's not even any discoloration of the screws...

The only problem is the first fret buzz, which is actually kind of bad. It really seems like this guitar has never been properly set up, but the neck is really nice, and everything about this guitar reeks of being new.

It's as new as a lot of the stuff hanging on the guitar center walls right now. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Nice score Xeno!!!
                  I love the white finish, just says classy [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  I'd slap some gold hardware on that baby, but it still looks very nice as is. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] How are the pups in it, keepers?
                  cheers

Comment

Nice. I love white guitars. Too bad I don't have one.

Comment

COOL, I LIKE THAT! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

WOO HOO< I have the same exact one in Platinum Pink.... DEAD mint! Enjoy!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X