Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about KV-1

Hey -
    I have a custom shop KV-1 in natural korina. It was built to the same specs as Mustaines personal guitars. It has the Kahler apm3310 bridge on it.
    Now for the question....
    The original owner had his name painted on the headstock. Will that have an impact on what it's worth? Just curious. When I bought it I wanted another USA KV with the Kahler and could have cared less about something like that. It just doesn't have the feel that my standard USA KV-1 has. Now that it is time to part with it I want to make sure that it won't affect the value. Any input would be appreciated. I'm seeing the KV-2's going between 1,700 and 2,000 - any idea on what I can get for this - it's about as close to mint as a played guitar can get.
    THANKS GUYS !

Re: Question about KV-1

well dude, it will definitely impact the price, obviously. How much? Who knows, a pic might help.

JOHN

Comment

Originally posted by kremit:
      Hey -
      ...I'm seeing the KV-2's going between 1,700 and 2,000 - any idea on what I can get for this - it's about as close to mint as a played guitar can get.
      THANKS GUYS !
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">KV-2's are getting between $1700 and $2000 where?! Let me know cause I'll sell a few of mine in that range any day...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

KV2 King V Electric Guitar
        Product #511448

Show Larger Photo
        AOL Larger Photo
        Printable Version
        Tell A Friend
        Rate This Product
        This product is eligible for FREE SHIPPING! Click for details

SAVE UP TO $650.00 (24%) When You Buy Today!
        List: $2,269.99 - $2,619.99
        Sale Price: $1,709.99 - $1,969.99
        Platinum
        Payments: As Low As $51/mo*

Availability: Click for availability on each option
        Gold Coverage: As Low As $146.75
        Options: Black ... $1709.99 Blue Ghost Flames ... $1969.99

Quantity:
        (You can always remove it from your cart.)

Deluxe version of the King V, featuring the same setup as the KV1 but with an Original Floyd Rose® tremolo. Alder or korina body, maple (or korina) neck with thru-body design, Seymour Duncan® SH-4 neck pickup, and a Seymour Duncan® TB-5 bridge pickup. Ebony fingerboard with pearl sharkfin inlay. Includes hardshell case ($169 value).

Save BIG when you buy today!

***NEW on Musicians Friend -sorry if I didn't specify that ! ***

Comment

tough to gauge price comparing new vs. used, a better bet would be to watch ebay to see what they're really going for...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

A Custom Shop korina KV1? Probably about $900-$1200 on ebay... that's optimistic too.

You're not going to get anywhere near new prices, no matter how minty it is. People who buy new guitars are buying them because they're NEW, and wouldn't pay that for a "used" one.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Honestly I paid $1350 for it about 4 mo ago off ebay. There were 2 USA KV-1's on there getting 1200-1300 so I really didn't balk at the price. I guess I'll just try my luck and see what happens.

Comment

If you can send me pics I can at least give you an offer. I have been looking at getting one of these but would like to see it first. Keep in mind I probably won't offer you more than $1300 but if you don't want to mess with ebay its worth a shot.

[email protected]

Comment

Well, $1350 is a fair price. I paid $1100 for my custom KV... it's not even very custom, it just has 2 BL500xl pickups (which I hate and will change), but it did come with Jumbo Frets and a gibson toggle instead of a blade switch... nothing really special about it, but it does have an abalone Jackson custom shop logo... If I were to sell now, I think I'd be hard pressed to get $1000 for it. Korina guitars are a bit more desirable though.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

MF has rip-off prices, too! Over $1700 for a new black KV2 is insane... especially when you can get it from Matt @ Onlinestagegear for $1249.99, and a blue ghost flames for $1449.99. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ February 22, 2003, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah I think the Korina KV-2's are worth somewhere around $1050-$1250 and the KV-1's are between $1100-$1300 since they're the DM sig. model.

- Joel
                      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                      RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                      X