Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How rthe APC PUs?Anyone interested in another run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How rthe APC PUs?Anyone interested in another run?

Those that got the APC pups recently, how do you like them compared to duncans and dimarzios?

I'm sad I missed out on that one, they're impossible to find [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]...
    Anyone like them enough or interested enough to do another batch order? I'd organize try to organize one but I'm in Canada, and shipping them out will be a pain in the ass.

Re: How rthe APC PUs?Anyone interested in another

We haven't gotten the pickups from the recent run yet, although there are other JCFers who have ordered themselves some of their own pickups beforehand. Try a search, some JCFers have already described their APCs. Hopefully when this large batch is delivered, we will all chime in to give big reviews.

I personally have ordered a Persuader Lead humbucker and a Persuader Lead Custom humbucker. The PLC supposedly has a little more bass than the PL. I will be putting them in one at a time into the bridge position of my Shannon Soloist to compare them and then leaving in the one I like best. They will be replacing the DiMarzio Super 3 that's currently in that guitar.

I have also ordered two 200 single coils for the neck and middle single coil positions of my Shannon Soloist, and they will be replacing the two Duncan Hot Rails that are currently in there.

I will be reviewing it in detail and of course snapping pictures like I normally do.

Maybe if we like them enough and give them good reviews on here, more people will be convinced and may coordinate another batch order in the near future. Right now it seems a little bit "soon" though, know what I mean? But do expect the multiple review threads that will be popping up over the Christmas holidays as people get time off to install the pickups and give them a good test drive, myself included.

Did you get my PM from earlier today?

Comment

When did you guys order APC pickups?
      In early November?
      If so, that was when I lost my internet at home for 3weeks and unable to check things here... too bad!
      Let us know it sounds!
      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Around early November, yes. Dreamland_Rebel and Joel Drabicki are coordinating the order and Mel Lace at APC is very happy with so much interest in his pickups. The prices were SOOOOO right too! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Joel may have one extra pickup lying around and I might as well after my bridge position comparison, but it depends.

I wanted to get a Persuader SC single coil for the neck position of my Shannon to get that H/S/H pickup layout I wanted, but they are not available yet. Hopefully in the second run, if I am dissatisfied with the 200 single coil in the neck, the Persuader SC might be ready by then and I might be able to order one. However, if the 200 is hot enough for my tastes, then I will leave it there. But assuming that the 200 is just a hot single coil rather than a single coil sized humbucker like the Hot Rails, the 200 might coil split nicely and give a very clean sound. Depends if I can split this single coil or not... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Wasn't sure whether it was four-conductor or not. I'll find out soon enough. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah ok, so it hasn't gotten into your hands yet.

Yes I have NOTP, thank you. I already talked to Joel, and he said it was sold yesterday :S..........

I'm anxious to hear your reviews [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          I did do a search, saw a bunch of info that sounds like APCs are THE pup. Damn, too bad I haven't even heard of them when you guys were ordering it.

Comment

Another "boutique" pickup that little have heard about on the JCF are Aero pickups. I'm not sure which JCFers have them, although I do remember some mention about them and how killer they are as well.

And there's more info about the APCs here on the JCF than on the official APC website. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And there will be even more after we receive them! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X