New Dinky (pics inside) - thanks Matt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dinky (pics inside) - thanks Matt

Once again - I would like to thank Matt (OnlineStageGear) for having the absolute BEST prices around! She just got here today.... Looks and feels great!

And Matt's great pic of it:

[ February 17, 2003, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

Re: New Dinky (pics inside) - thanks Matt

Ok.. it's official. You have too many guitars... you must give me the 5150 Doc Custom Shop guitar!

AMAZING DINKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow! I usually don't like naturals.. But, it's mighty sweet dude...

Comment

Very nice Spidey!! I really like Chrome on Natural finishes. Show us a pic of the thin/flat Dinky neck profile, most people are use to the rounded Soloist neck. Jack.

Comment

I never grow tire of watching so many beautiful guitars here on the forum.

That is one sweet piece of wood my friend! Let her scream now.

Enjoy.
          [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
            Show us a pic of the thin/flat Dinky neck profile, most people are use to the rounded Soloist neck. Jack.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I haven't had any luck getting it to really show up in pics - but the Dinky is drastically different than the Soloist. I'll take a Dinky over the Soloist ANY day. Which should be pretty apparent, since Matt has a Natural Finish SL2H as well. I just can't stand the painted neck, when compared to an unfinished neck. And - compared to the Dinky's - the Soloist neck, although still thin - feels like a friggin' baseball bat.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I usually don't like the transparent finishes unless they're on a quilt top, but I do like the Natural.

Comment

Thats why they need a oiled neck option on the neck thru's. My bud has a RGF soloist and I didnt like the feel of the neck but I like neck thru's. So my XTRR is perfect. Same neck profile but the XTRR feels way better IMO.

Very nice BTW!

[ February 17, 2003, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Dave ]
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Kick Ass S.M, Yeah I like my Dinky better than my SL1. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] That's a nice piece of wood you've got there!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice lookin' Dink you got there Spidey lol! No seriously I meant the guitar!

Comment

Wow! I was just looking at that one on Matt's site yesterday! What are the chances? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Congrats, Spidey. Very nice indeed [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                        Thats why they need a oiled neck option on the neck thru's. My bud has a RGF soloist and I didnt like the feel of the neck but I like neck thru's. So my XTRR is perfect. Same neck profile but the XTRR feels way better IMO.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My XTRR has a finished neck, I know that they are supposed to have oiled necks. Does anybody know how many XTRR's had finished necks and why some do and some don't?

Chris

BTW - sweet Dinky......love the natural finish!

Comment

Nice axe dude. I figured you wouldn't be able to resist the temptation. lol I will say the newer Soloist necks don't quit compare but there are older ones that do. Wish Jackson went back to the neck thru profiles of old.
                          We must!
                          We must!
                          We must increase the bust!
                          The bigger the better!
                          The tighter the sweater!
                          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Amazing! Very VERY nice!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Congrats! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Anders
                            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                              I'm not sure jem, I think they started out with oiled necks and then it seems they went to finished necks. I know they started with oiled necks cuz mine was the prototype. Not the very first XTRR cuz that would be the skate graphic string thu. (beautiful guitar) but it was the pre runner to the production XTRR. Check your sn, when was yours made? You will see my sn in the RR gallery. I'm the only poser who is holding his guitar. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              Oh BTW I'm not striking a pose I was taking my own picture with my remote. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] God I need new pix for the gallery.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dave.......my serial number is U10615 and was made 11/28/01 according to Jackson. I'm guessing that it was one of the latter XTRR's made. Maybe that's why it has a finished neck?

Comment

Working...
                              X