No announcement yet.

PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM!!! HELP PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM!!! HELP PLEASE!

ok, here's the deal- my SL1 fell forwards off my guitar stand today, up ot the top edge of it, there's an area of about and inch long and 1-2 millimeters wide where the amber sunburst finish chipped off, exposing the bare wood. luckily, the finish broke off in 2 small pieces, and i recovered them from my floor. what do i do?!?!?! this is my $1300 guitar and theres a big chip on it....how can i fix it?is it possible to just super glue those pieces back in? i want to fix it so that it looks as close to the original as possible. thanks!

Re: PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM!!! HELP PLEASE!

glue, wetsand & goodluck, you can also use a special type glue I dont know what its called but it will fill the seem where the cracked peice fits back in. we have it at my job & it comes with its own needle toppped bottle. it works great but be careful it sticks to anything & is impossible to remove once dried it turns into a clear lucite like stuff

Comment

I am confused. Is it just the clearcoat that chipped off or the Vaneer/Maple top ?

Matt

Comment

its the clearcoat AND the verneer top thats chipped. all of the finish is chipped down to the wood, and the pieces i have have all that finish intact and just fit into place on the guitar like a puzzle piece. so can i just use super glue (i.e krazy glue) and stick it back ni place?

Comment

super glue gets white after it dries.

Comment

Now that you got your baby's first 'owwy' outta the way - you can play it with reckless abandon!!

Well, after the glue dries, of course...
            750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
            Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

ok, here's what i've done- i used model cement (the stuff you use to build plastic models), and i glued the large pieces that i have back on. after i let that glue dry a bit (it actually held pretty well-it's a very watery glue, so i'm guessing it seeped into the wood a bit and helped the pieces stay on). since the glue was watery, it also filled in all the other little cracks in the finish surrounding where the chip is. for the areas that i had no piece to fit into (which are no larger than a pinhead), i took some of my artists' markers and matched the color as close as i could to my amber sunburst. then i drop-filled those little holes with the same model glue. it dries clear, so it looks like the rest of the finish. once all of that dries, im gonna clean it up and polish it up a bit. i'll try to post pics or my repair job. this was one hell of a scare...... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Next time, put the guitar cord and strap out of the way, and watch where you swing your big feet [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ehhh. it sucks but what the hell ya gonna do.... in a couple years youll have tons of scrapes and nicks and missing chunks... hell, it will look like zakk wyldes beer cap ridden les paul! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

THREAD RESURRECTION!

Comment

Hey, that's MY line! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X