Jackson NeckThru Tele Soloist issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson NeckThru Tele Soloist issues

Guys, managed to get my first Jackson USA neckthrough Telecaster Soloist from fellow JCF member, Ted! Here's a few pics and then some weird issues I was wondering about:

Now, the serial number is J 4374 which dates it on the charts as a 1988. However, inside the trem cavity the entire work order is visible with a due date of 1/26/87. So, I would expect the guitar to be actually an '87 then, no? The charts do say they are to be used as a rough guide but I've never had such a discrepancy. Early 1987 Jacksons are nearly identical to San Dimas production techniques, so if it's a January 1987 and not a 1988, that would make a slight difference for me. It really doesn't matter, but it's got me curious. By the way, for those Tele owners in the know, did Jackson use poplar for the body sides? Or was it maple? The guitar feels heavier than a regular "strat shaped" Soloist. And it sorta has a brighter tone, similar to a Fender Tele. But this one is how Teles should have been made. By the way, the work order describes the color as "Burgandy Mist" which is some sort of purple-ish blue-ish pink-ish metallic. MINTY fresh too, but already put EMG's in her. Total ripper with that cool color, matching headstock, and great playability/tone to boot! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Re: Jackson NeckThru Tele Soloist issues

Awesome guitar.... very...
    uh...

LOUD... color...

But definitely interesting to note that...

I don't have any neckthru's in that era... but I do have two 87 bolt-on pointy strats, one dated 5/5/87 has a SD route, OFR and floyd nut, the other is from september '87 (will know the exact date when I get the guitar and tag) and has a large route, JT6 and a Kahler lock nut...

When I get the latter, I'll compare pocket numbers and hang tag dates... Not that it makes a bit of difference when comparing neckthrus... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[ February 12, 2003, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: xenophobe ]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Re: Jackson NeckThru Tele Soloist issues

Wow!! That's a great looker
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
      X