Y2KV WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2KV WTF?

Did Jackson discontinue this model? I haven't seen it on the website anywhere, so I figured someone more in the know could let me know.

Thanks!

Re: Y2KV WTF?

It's weird, they took it off the website, but it's on the 2003 Price List.

Price list is $2265 on solid colors! ufffffffff. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I own a Y2KV and KV1. Both are great guitars but I think Jackson should just make a string through KV2. Now that would be awesome. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey X, I believe they call that a KV1...

Pat

Comment

Hey, Pat, is the KV-1 a new model or something? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But really, is the KV-1 a string through body guitar? I thought it used the Kahler APM 3310 which anchored the strings on the surface, not with string ferrules like on your Dragon KV. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Or course, I could really give a rat's hair because I am not allowed to play a non trem equipped guitar. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I guess, but the production of those was so limited that I don't even consider it. I was thinking more along the lines of a large logo king V like the KV2 but string through, ya know [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I don't think the small logo and Dave's sig makes the guitar look any cooler. I would rather have the large MOP logo.

Comment

Yeah, I'd rather have the large logo and no sig on the headstock. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

As for the KV-1, [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] WTF are you guys talking about... Kahler APM bridge...

String-thru USA would be custom only. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I love my string-thru guitars, but yeah, I'm not really allowed to play them in my band either. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yes, the Dragon is obviously a CS, but it does say it's a KV-1 on all the paperwork and I believe I've seen "at least" one in the past as well... Where? Not sure, but I'll see if I can find it.

Not sure about the Kahler, never used one, had one, never touched it...

But, you guys would know better than I, I just play em.

Pat

Comment

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...q=Jackson+y2kv

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

What do you guys mean with "not allowed to play a non trem equipped guitar".

To hell with that! You're rock players guys, you're supposed to do whatever the hell you want, remember?

Rock on!
                    Rodrigo.
                    [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

OK, what I meant was I am not a wuss and can tame the Floyd. Won't go for an axe these days without the Floyd. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Had a nice AT Soloist string through, played great, sounded wonderfully, but no trem left me cold. I feel limited with a fixed bridge: It's like sex with a condom, ok? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Agreed Joe!

Pat

Comment

Well, there are a few songs where a trem is actually required in the band I'm in...

I tried doing other cool fills, but sometimes you just NEED that floyd...

I love my string thru guitars though... and will probably use one for the first half of the set before we play our drop d stuff.

But the funny thing is, I can tune down to drop d on my Schaller floyd faster than my other guitarist can change guitars... [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                            OK, what I meant was I am not a wuss and can tame the Floyd. Won't go for an axe these days without the Floyd. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Had a nice AT Soloist string through, played great, sounded wonderfully, but no trem left me cold. I feel limited with a fixed bridge: It's like sex with a condom, ok? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do you mean that playing with a fixed bridge can protect you from infection, and increase your staying power?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Ok guys,

Just playin' with ya' a little. he he he! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X