Question for Matt at OSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Matt at OSG

Well I am not even close to having the money for a USA Jackson, but I have a question. When I do get the money all together I would probably be buying a SL2H from you. I really like the natural finish like the one on your stie right now, but I hate the chrome hardware. If and when I get one would it be possible for you to switch the hardware to black and keep the chrome hardware for yourself? Sorta like a trade lol.

Re: Question for Matt at OSG

I agree Disco, I prefer Black Hardware over Chrome by miles. I wish Jackson gave a choice, instead of going thru the Custom Shop or the hassle of switching all over after purchase, then you usually take a loss on selling the chrome parts. I love the Natural finish also, especially on a Natural Mahogany body in the back!! Jack.

Comment

If Matt would put those EMG DK-1 pickups in the Soloist, I would buy it now [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

why not just buy the guitar and put the pickups in yourself?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Because the EMG set is another $200

Comment

not really... new EMG sets are about $150, not $200. However, what you do is you take out the pickups from the guitar that you are going to replace and sell those... get about $100 from there possibly. So you end up spending $50 for a pickup change, big deal.

Comment

Rest assured I will be doing more soloists with EMG's.

Matt

Comment

Matt - I was wondering,do you ship to Canada and if so how much extra would be shipping?

Thanks bro

Comment

I'd like to see more guitars with a Duncan Distortion in the bridge...JB is good but can be nasally at times. EMG's are excellent but a bit overkill unless all you play is metal.

Comment

I like that natural one. But i already have a fistfull of soloists, I think ill let you take this one [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

hehe,

More soloists with EMGs? Damn, I kinda like the duncans, but agree that the whatever is in the bridge of USA soloists can be kinda poopy (only in one i had, and i swapped it out and it sounds really good).

I dont like the pickups they put in the mahogany, too damn muddy.

Comment

But still. Would it be possible to make a trade of hardware color without me having to buy a whole new floyd and nut and the other stuff. I mean Matt could keep the chrome stuff and sell it in its own unit for new sense its never been played.

Comment

Getting the replacement hardware at the moment is the trick part if you want it all Jackson Hardware. Honestly I would suggest getting the guitar or any other one as is and see what you think. No matter how good the camera is, they always look a little different in person. You will also save some $$ changing the hardware over yourself rather than paying someone to do it.

Matt

Comment

I know you're right, I don't know why I make it a big deal though. When I played a Amber Burst SL1 at GC I didn't even pay attention to the hardware color. I guess just from a looking at it idea the chrome seems like it clashes with the color. But I would obviously be playing it more than looking at it lol. Either way when I get the money around (might be awhile lol) it will be either trans green or natural. With your prices it will be from you for sure. I can't belive GC trys to charge $1700 for a GGF SL2H lol.

Comment

Yea!! More Solist with EMG`s [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                            X