JB in the neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB in the neck?

ANyone ever use a JB in the neck position of an LP? I am just wondering because I put a JB jr in my model 4 mutt and I love the way it sounds. If I could that tone out of my LP I would be ecstatic. Problem is, the regular JB is only listed a s a bridge postition pup, whereas the JB jr has two differing models for bridge or neck/mid. I used to have a JB in the bridge slot, but it was too shrill sounding for my taste. I never thought to try it in the neck. Damn me!

Re: JB in the neck?

Newc's favorite setting.

Also Steve Stevens loves this configuration of JB in both bridge and neck positions.

Comment

A JB works very well in the neck of a L.P.I use a JB in the neck and a duncan distortion in the bridge of my mahogony fusion H-H and am very pleased with the versatility.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I replaced the lipstick pickups in a surfcaster with a pair of JB Juniors (bridge and neck), and it's good to go.

Comment

I don't know how the JB jr. would sound but the JB hum sounds very good in the neck position. Definately worth checking into. To me though it seems the JB sounds better in certain guitars than others. However, I would think the JB would sound nice in the neck of your LP.

Comment

Cool, I'll try and pick one up somewhere. Thanks for the replies!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Newc's favorite setting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Toru's got that right [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I believe Y2KVs had JBs in both the neck and bridge. If correct, it was pretty nice. I really liked the clean tones from the neck PU in a Y2KV I used to have. And it gave some nice bite to semi-distorted bluesy runs, too.

Since Y2KVs are mahogany w/TOM, too, it's probably a fairly good comparison to doing that setup in a LP.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I believe Y2KVs had JBs in both the neck and bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh! I didn't know that..
                  This means, I will have a guitar equipped with 2 JBs soon.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I just bought a jb to put in the neck of my jrr94...
                    I tell you how it sounds when i get it in a few days.

Comment

i always hear about JB Jr's what the hell are they. how are they different from the TB-4 JB pickup found on Tremolo bridged guitars?

Comment

the JB jr is like a full size JHB squeezed into the size of a regualar single coil. They have two bobbins, six polepieces, etc. They are just smaller, so they fit in strats and other single coil guitars. They also don't have the lip that many single coils have, so they fit in the slots for EMG or other active pups without modification. I have a JB jr and a lil' 59 (same thing-a PAF type in a single coil size). It is really a cool idea-gives you pretty much the same tone as a full size HB, but no need to route out a piece of your guitar.

Comment

Working...
                        X