Help on a serial number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on a serial number

Made in the USA Jackson Rhoads. Serial number RR00387 hanging in the local GC with a tag of over a grand on it. Would this be a SD era guitar? I know the guitar is damn overpriced (it's beat to hell and back. I think the previous owner's sweat was pure hydrochloric acid) but I can't remember where that serial number puts it.

Re: Help on a serial number

84 san dimas is
    RR0295 - RR0996

[ February 07, 2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: A.Pulverizer ]

Comment

Yeah, 84 SD.

Comment

Black Mariah, you forget where the serial # chart is ?? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Matt

Comment

Mariah...Are you typing with boxing gloves AGAIN, or do you have an EXTRA "0" in there ??? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...You have 5 numeral digits after the "RR"... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

With the guitar market, and for THAT matter - the ENTIRE ECONOMY in the crapper, 7 hunge is a fair price a bit rough, and a grand woulda gotten ya a DEAD MINT one a while back at www.chrisguitars.com

Does this one LOOK like someone used it for a CLAMMING SHOVEL at the beach ??? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ February 08, 2003, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Doc Dryer ]

Comment

>Black Mariah, you forget where the serial # chart is ??

erm.... apparently. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I wasn't aware that they had the # chart back up on the website. I haven't been there in a loooong time and it wasn't there last I saw.

>Does this one LOOK like someone used it for a CLAMMING SHOVEL at the beach ??? [LOL]

Well, YES. ALL of the hardware is corroded and/or stripped of the finish (gold, I think. I'm not sure). There's a TON of dings and dents and let's not forget that inche wide, 6 inche long area where the paint is MISSING and appears to have been replaced with some kind of nail polish or something. This thing is a total craphole. It would be a student model (rosewood, dots) on top of the general crappiness. There's no way I'd pay more than about four bucks for this thing.

Comment

Working...
            X