wheres the y2kv? at my house now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheres the y2kv? at my house now

I just got my long long awaited gun metal grey Y2KV. Let me tell you Ive never even held a guitar as awesome as this. When I opened it up I was floored. Its absolutely amazinf. It doesnt just kill with looks. It plays so smooth. Easier to play than my rhoads. It took some getting used to the 10s on it since i play with 9s. The pickups are pretty good but I think Im going to end up switching them out for EMGs. It is well wortht he near 8 month wait. If you want a real V get the y2kv. I dont think i would be as happy with any other guitar. Even the great KV2. Its just amazing. Jacksons rule!

Re: wheres the y2kv? at my house now

Congrats dude !! Glad you finally got it !

Comment

It's about time [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Hows it sound with that G.L. G-Flex Cab?
      Finn
      oh yea, Post Pics of it

Comment

Congrats!! We need pics indeed!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

big congrats!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Great!

Once you can get you hands off her, post pics please. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Do all Y2KVs have their headstock painted the color of the guitar? Ive only seen it on a few. And the neck pickup you know where it should say seymor duncan? Its just blank. its just a black pickup. Kind of cool looking guess its a new 2003 thing. But its a sweet guitar. Makes me want another one. One to look at and one to play. Gun metal grey is an awesome color. Ill have to take some pics with a regular camera and then scan them so it wont be too soon but Ill definately get some. Finn the genz benz cab rules. Im still debating on whether switching out the JB for an 81 and 89. It sounds good though. 10s are funky after playing 9s like all the time.

Comment

Hell yeah man, there's absolutely nothing cooler than opening that case for the first time and seeing a USA Jackson. I just about passed out when my RR1 finally came, it was so freakin' cool. Congrats on your new baby, now get out there and play the hell out of it!

Andy Oliphant
                The Thirteenth Hour

Comment

Does yours have the headstock the same color as the body? I thought the Y2KV headstocks were just supposed to be black only.
                  I also have the JB/59 combo in my Hamer Special, and they sound great with its mahogany body and neck, probably close to your Y2KV. You can also get some Duncans without logos.

Interesting, I just looked at the specs in my catalog and realized it has two JBs. How does it sound in the neck?

[ February 06, 2003, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

finally man. congrats. glad you like it.

Comment

Yeah the headstock is the same color as the guitar. The bridge is a little too deep and muddy for me. But if you swtich to both and roll back the neck a bit it sounds pretty good. Distortion wise they just arent as insane as my EMGs in my rhoads. They sound good but Im just so in love EMGs. Its an awesome guitar though. Flawless too.
                      not near as heavy as i would have figured weight wise. its my baby. Im thinking of putting EMG 81/89 for sure and maybe switching down to 9s since im so used to them and like the way they play. its the most amazing guitar ive ever even seen. Even my friend who thinks jacksons are only for 80s metal said it was cool. Smokes his les paul big time. Id put this up against any guitar made by any company.

Comment

Cool. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I say keep the 10s, your tone will be better. The Y2KV comes with 10-52. Maybe get a regular set of 10s that are 10-46 so the low E won't be as thick. Or maybe go with 9-46 (9s on the high strings and 10s on the lows).

Comment

id keep the 10-52 strings in it. the seymour duncans dont distort as well as emg's but i think they have a warmer feeling in thier tone.i like SD better.

if you look at james hetfield from metallica he uses emg's and had a typical heavy metal distortion sound. dave mustaine on the other hand sounds much more exotic.

Comment

Maybe its just the stock strings. But 9s were so much easier to bend and play on. Maybe I just got to get used to them. Yeah the SDs are pretty warm but just not as insane and over the top high gain i want. And my rhoads has EMG 81 and 89 and I really dug that sound. Ill keep them for a while then see how it goes. I love this guitar.

Comment

Remember, the EMGs are going to sound a little different in mahogany than poplar/alder.

Comment

Working...
                              X