tremspaced PUs necessary for JT580lp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tremspaced PUs necessary for JT580lp?

I'm getting new pickups.. and there's a nice SD distortion I can get that's not TB, but SH.

Does it matter if I have a jt580LP? Because I notice that the spacling on my duncan designed bridge PU seems a bit too big, perhaps a standard spacing would be just perfect... anyone know?

Also, this will be the first time I'll be changing PUs, how easy is it to DIY? any good sites with walk throughs?

Thanks,

Re: tremspaced PUs necessary for JT580lp?

go ahead and get it; the only difference is aesthetic.

if you're just taking out the one pickup, make a few notes of what you remove, and you connect the new pickup to the same spots. there's also plenty of wiring diagrams on seymour duncan's website.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You'll also need a solder gun and some solder [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Sully always leaves out the minor details! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

<font color="aqua">and don't forget to plug it in if it needs to be! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

P.S. good to see you posting again sully</font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Here's a great website to check out dfv:

http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/c...ringresources/
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've got a couple of SH-6s in my Floyd equipped guitars along with a TB-6 in another. I can safely say that there is no noticable difference in sound. I can't hear a dropoff at all so I would get it without hesitation. And if you don't, I could always use another one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Just a side note: I can't hear any difference with pole spacing with normal humbuckers. However, I have a humbucker that uses alnico polepieces on one side instead of one magnet &amp; screws, and there IS an effect with that one. That's a rare thing, I know, but I just wanted to note it.

Comment

Working...
              X